The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2022, 10:37 PM   #40
fauXGT

Re: Bench seat with built in seatbelts?

My father has had his 58 Impala convertible for years (35+ years after finding a replacement). It was his H.S. car that he reluctantly sold when I was conceived. We have never worn a seat belt in that, but mostly cruising. When I was a sophomore in H.S., someone ran a stop sign while they were doing 40+mph while we were in a '75 Chevy Nova in the 80's. Broad sided my side as a passenger, and if I had been wearing the seat belt it would have been much worse. Fractured skull and shattered pelvis+, is what was described by the ER doc. I slid across the bench seat rather than being buckled in on that side and suffering worse conditions.
I had a 65 Mustang in H.S. with only front lap belts. Didn't think much of it. I loathed the day they inacted of the seat belt laws, but that was 35+ years ago. I do much faster speeds now, but think of all the extra air bags and safety belts that newer vehicles have.
You are what you drive... and have to deal with it.
full Rusto-Mod
'92 GMC Sonoma GT VIN #0015
'91 GMC Sonoma GT extended cab 1 of 1
fauXGT is offline   Reply With Quote