The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2022, 11:54 AM   #18
zden

Re: 66 Burb Build

I got a few things moved forward last weekend.

The interior wiring is complete minus radio, wiper motor and ac. I will finish that stuff later. Also got all the holes drilled and nutserts set for the high hump to bolt in.
I routed and terminated most of the engine sensor and sniper wiring. I prob could and spent more time trying to hide everything but it is a driver at the end of the day. I was also nervous about unpinning the sniper plugs to route them differently. I am looming every wire and even hear shrinking long runs of single wires. I a making it as neat as I can.

One issue I ran into was something making contact when I rolled the engine to install distributor. turned out to be the mini starter. I had to order a body shim kit and will get back on that one. I really do not want a factory dragging when hot GM starter.

to do list this weekend:
Install the fuel tank. I purchased a CPP 29 gallon EFI tank kit. I need to find the fuel pump box and get the tank prepped and ready to go in. hopefully the filler neck is slight to no modification . I will run the fuel lines to the sniper while doing this. I also bought an access door to cut in floor above fuel pump in case I ever need to swap I can access it.

on to the pics!
Attached Images