The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2004, 09:52 AM   #1
BOSS
Just here to help

Need help with interior.

Hey guys as some of you have read it looks like i am going to try to recover my seats myself.They are the 67cst buckets and i have the cloth materiel that i was going to have them covered with.What i would like to know is has anyone here done it themselves?Any books that can be a help?I was planning on a bowtie in the middle of the seats and console.I cant pay twice to have them cover so i am stuck with trying to do them on my own.ANY help would be great.

Norwood Survivor
BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:28 PM   #2
BOSS
Just here to help

TTT,come on and jump in here you all.

Norwood Survivor
BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:32 PM   #3
69 Short Fleet

I just finished my bench seat a few weeks ago. I was a little nervous at first but it came out very nice. I had to cut out some foam on the drivers side (the main foam directly where your butt goes) and replace it (6 or 8" square piece of foam) and got a hogs ring plier kit. One thing to keep in mind is to start in the centre and work your way out to the sides checking to make sure the pleats or scrolls are lined up correctly. You might want to mark a centre line exactly on the centre of the seat frame and on the seat cover or upholtstry (on the front & rear) to make it easier. I sanded and repainted the tracks and bench seat frames while I had it apart and I'm glad I did. If your gonna use vinyl lay it out in the sun for a while to get it soft and be very very careful not to tear it when you install it. I'll see if I can find a link with pics, regards Doug
69 Short Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:40 PM   #4
69 Short Fleet

Go to the Brothers website and then go to tech articles (they have lots of good truck related tips). Doug
69 Short Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote