The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
Damon23

Anyone have fitment issues with western chassis?

I got the 13200 2.5 drop spindles the other day and got the time to today to mess with it. Got it all apart and that lower ball joint was a pain. Anyway, got the spindle on and started to put the caliper on and the holes to line up the caliper were not even close. They are stamped GM calipers and fit just fine on the stock spindles so I am at a loss. I'm thinking they packaged the wrong spindles in the right box maybe? They are stamped C10 on the spindles though. I measured the rotor and they are 1in so I ordered accordingly. Gotta love it when wrong parts ruin your plans. I only had today to work on this. Now it has to be shelved for at least two more weeks.

No great defeat was ever just possible in the beginning.
Damon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 06:56 PM   #2
bh86

Re: Anyone have fitment issues with western chassis?

I’m dealing with this right now actually I doubt this will get a response as the thread is older than dirt but thought I’d try
bh86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 01:00 PM   #3
Corts60
Just here to tinker

I’ve heard of this a couple times with western chassis on this site. I went with CPP and the drop spindles bolted right up perfectly.
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 09:49 AM   #4
SCOTI

I've had to do some slight grinding on spindles before to get things to work nicely (more than 1 pair; more than 1 manufacturer).

Got any pics of the issue? Perhaps that will help generate some additional feedback.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 09:34 AM   #5
bigarmzz

the cheap ebay spindles work great and is just the same quality....as a matter of fact, i wouldnt care to bet the big name companies just rebrand the ones sold on ebay

typically $169 (ebay) v/s $289-389 for name brand

they work just fine and everything lines up great

same thing as spending big $ on horrible riding lowering shocks....just use normal length ones with shock extenders on rear. i like a smooth ride and dont like to waste money

i used to exclusively use only western chassis stuff, til i got smart and started experimenting with the cheaper ebay stuff....same darn quality
Old 04-17-2023, 05:52 PM   #6
bh86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigarmzz View Post
the cheap ebay spindles work great and is just the same quality....as a matter of fact, i wouldnt care to bet the big name companies just rebrand the ones sold on ebay

typically $169 (ebay) v/s $289-389 for name brand

they work just fine and everything lines up great

same thing as spending big $ on horrible riding lowering shocks....just use normal length ones with shock extenders on rear. i like a smooth ride and dont like to waste money

i used to exclusively use only western chassis stuff, til i got smart and started experimenting with the cheaper ebay stuff....same darn quality
I'm with you now. Last time I use Western for me. No use in paying extra if they're not putting something decent out. I always run the longer shock in the rear as well. Always have
Posted via Mobile Device
bh86 is offline   Reply With Quote