The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-04-2023, 02:59 AM   #1
Richard

Re: 1350 Drive Shaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
I know Jesse personally and I don't know what's going on with him lately. The fire did have an impact on him, but he has a new building and shop. I'll be up there in a couple of weeks and see if I can find anything out. His dad has a driveline shop also on the other side of town that he is still trying to get open from the fire. Vern is in his 80s though so he moves a little slower and is trying to do everything himself inside the building
Do not want to bash anybody. But if I can prevent someone from going through what I did, I will. I only called him when the deadlines he set were up.
When he stopped responding, I called from my friends phone and he messaged back. A clear sign I was being ignored and I started the chargeback. His prices are double what others charge, I was willing to pay it for what was supposed to be a unique product. If he does not supply the parts he sells and takes money for. He is a thief.
Really, I am disappointed to not use his product in my build. Seeing him in all the magazines I read in the past. I had his company up there with Deaver Spring and King Shocks, both used on my truck. Obviously, I put him on to high of a pedestal.

Last edited by Richard; 11-04-2023 at 03:14 AM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 02:12 PM   #2
kwmech

Re: 1350 Drive Shaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Do not want to bash anybody. But if I can prevent someone from going through what I did, I will. I only called him when the deadlines he set were up.
When he stopped responding, I called from my friends phone and he messaged back. A clear sign I was being ignored and I started the chargeback. His prices are double what others charge, I was willing to pay it for what was supposed to be a unique product. If he does not supply the parts he sells and takes money for. He is a thief.
Really, I am disappointed to not use his product in my build. Seeing him in all the magazines I read in the past. I had his company up there with Deaver Spring and King Shocks, both used on my truck. Obviously, I put him on to high of a pedestal.
Not at all...bash away, he's been flakey lately. From what I understand his only focus right now is making yokes and flanges for other companies with his broaching machine. Local story about a guy going to him for a shaft he needed for his semi and it took Jess about a month or so to build it and when the guy got it back it was too short, wasn't even close to the measurements Jess was given. Jess told the guy it would be another 2 weeks to make it correctly....that didn't end well. Anyways, don't count on Jess for shaft making driveshafts which ironically is what made him his name in the industry, now he's totally flaked on that and burned some bridges. I haven't bought anything from him in almost 5 years. I just go into Sacramento---which is turning into another shi.. show, since they sold their business
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote