The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2024, 01:39 PM   #5
vics stuff

Re: Asian crap parts to avoid

My thoughts on this , is that these manufacturers are making parts based on what is specked out , not their quality of product. To shed some light on this as a fact.
I have attended several industrial trade shows in Thailand with my wife , whom is from Thailand. I had spoken to several manufacturers reps regarding some items which I am wanting to reproduce. They will build anything you want to your specs , so I commissioned them to make a few parts to my specs. They not only look great but are as well made and or better than the NOS original part.
The bottom line is , the company that is having these cheap parts made are the blame . They are just taking advantage of the fact that , some of these parts can be made to look the same , but in detail these parts fit and material compound make these parts Junk. If you can find out whom these parts are made for , these companies need to hear from you. Once you find out who sells these parts , let the word out to boycott that manufacture.
Vic