The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2024, 09:48 PM   #1
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Frank Frazetta - H.G. the BarbariVan

Yesterday I got the fenders off the RV. I'm getting to a point where I need to either shut it down and get back to the cobra or take the time to finish the rust repair and keep going. There are about 3 spots of rust other than the fender and I believe I have the patches for them. I walked through a junkyard today that had 2 older GM conversion vans with nice seats. Both are the wrong color but the only thing that you really need to do for an interior color change is the dash. They come out surprisingly easy and I know I can get it cheap. They only want $200 for 4 captain seats.

The problem I'm having is that I really don't have a plan for the interior. Or how I'll use the van. I don't plan to haul a bunch of people. Most likely it would never have more than the wife and me in it and the dogs. If I want to haul stuff then having a bed and all the 70s hippie crap would be dumb. But I don't want bare metal walls either. I need to do some picture scrolling for ideas before I go spend money on stuff I won't use.

I can't even decide what to do with the rear doors! I have a pair of good conversion van ones with windows and a set of cargo van doors that only need minor work. Same with the slider. Would it be odd to have cargo doors on a van with the big side windows? I can't undo those.

Check out the old Pontiac! Very complete car yet. He would sell it too.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 09:39 PM   #2
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Frank Frazetta - H.G. the BarbariVan

Figured out why the power steering isn't working. The belt was off the crank pulley. And the AC pump belt has a twist and rolled back into the PS belt groove. Tried to fix it but the AC belt retwisted and the PS belt broke. So new belts are on order.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote