The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2024, 11:16 PM   #1
cwcarpenter98

Re: 65Custom Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Custom View Post
The shop is in Cleveland, ga. where Im getting the body work done, A long time friend works there is doing the work I can't do since my health issues side lined me from doing much for a few years now. Anyway they have a guy that does this for them who is cheaper and does better job and also does the expoxy coating for a much more reasonable price than the other guy who is closer to the shop.

I can probably get the guys name and info if you want it. I will say when I saw it this past Saturday he did do a great job, everything was very clean the hood was not warped which was my biggest concern. Cleaned out all of the old filler and old undercoating, and overall we had very little unknown rust show up so I'm very happy with the results.

Next is fix the unknown now known rust and beat out the dents enough to so that it can be body worked and then it will be off to the painter for body work and paint.

Looking forward to getting it back has been gone since 2020
Thanks for the info! I'm so far out on getting to that point, so I'll reach out to you when I start that whole process. I'm looking forward to seeing yours get back on the road!

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, Muncie 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350 --> Soon to be 350, Saginaw 4 speed

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 10:15 PM   #2
65Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
Thanks for the info! I'm so far out on getting to that point, so I'll reach out to you when I start that whole process. I'm looking forward to seeing yours get back on the road!
Yeah me too! it has been a long time in the works.

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366677

I must be
65Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM   #3
65Custom

Started on the firewall mod this week to fit the big block, It's looking great, we need to move the engine back 1.5" to compensate moving the front suspension forward 1". Swapping the engine mounts to opposite sides should effectively move the engine back 1" and there is another .5" in the block mounting plate.
Attached Images

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366677

I must be
65Custom is offline   Reply With Quote