The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-11-2024, 08:32 PM   #1
60short
Revitalizing a 6T C10

Thumbs up 1960 C10 Front and Rear End (Torsion Bars) and Trans parts from Squarebody Swap

I hate to throw this up without pictures, but I wanted to get the post up and see if there was any specific interest in these parts, so I can grab detailed pictures if needed.

Parts are off of my 1960 C10 ShortBed and were functioning up till recent surgery for some newer square body replacement parts

They are currently located at a local shop, so I will grab some better photos shortly, and get them posted.
I (and the parts) are in Santa Barbara, Ca, 93111 (100 miles north of LA, 325 miles south of San Francisco)

Some of this stuff is shippable, but if interested in the larger parts, a freight shipment may be the best option.

I can help crate / palletalize them for additional cost, but freight companies here won't pickup from residential areas, so you would have to arrange freight drop off, or hope I can ship from the dock at work (not guaranteed)

Parts can also be picked up in person, before / after / on the way to C10 SlowDown in San Luis Obispo in late July

First up ;
1960 1/2 Ton / 6 Lug Torsion bar front end, complete with horse-collar engine mount, both Torsion bars and all steering components and frame brackets.
The drivers side wheel bearing got hot hot hot and messed up the break drum, but all parts (except the drivers side bearing pieces) are present - You may need a (new) used hub ( available both from Pat (can provide number in socal) or Aspen in AZ, if you want to bolt this up.
Running / driving before front wheel hub issue - solid, no rust through, lots of grease
RedHead steering gear has a $200 core charge for the box alone
$450 / make offer

Second Up ;
1960 C10 Trailing Arm / Coil Spring 1/2 Ton / 6 Lug rear end
Eaton / Chev HO32 with I believe 3.90s?
Rear end, both drum brakes (no parking brake parts inside the drums)
The drivers side axle replaced a few years ago after the original axle had some wear causing a seal leak.
Running / Driving before square body swap, no leaks
$300 / make offer

Third up ;
3 Speed OD Trans ( I was told this was out of a 58 Chevy Car) I was told it was functioning, before swapping for an automatic. I was told it is a T10- Brownie Box
I don't have any of the external parts, but it seems to spin / shift well
$300 / make offer

Fourth Up ;
Saginaw 3 speed parts - remnants of making 1 good transmission from 3
includes two cases and tail shafts and most internals - may be missing a few ball bearings.
I have a transmission that I pulled out of my truck, there were some engagement issues that ended up being a combination of clutch wear and scycnros, so I found 2 used transmissions and put the best of all 3 together
$100 / make offer

Fifth Up ;
Sagniaw 3 Speed Transmission - operational, was being driven before T5 swap - a bit loud, but the best of 3 transmissions (see above) and fully functional
$200 / make offer

Sixth Up;
Sagniaw 3 speed floor shifter base - I am not seeing a name on this one, but I am sure it was a universal kit - I couldn't find a replacement before,so hopefully you can use it.
$100 / make offer
Shifter stick may be included / available but I have to figure out what I am doing with the T5 first

More parts to come, open to offers.

Photos to be posted in separate response

Would like to see if there is interest in entire assemblies, but may be willing to split up

I (and the parts) are in Santa Barbara, Ca, 93111(100 miles north of LA, 325 miles south of San Francisco)

Some of the smaller stuff (shifter base, transmission parts) may be shippable, but if interested in the larger parts, a freight shipment may be the best option.

I can help crate / palletalize them for additional cost, but freight companies here won't pickup from residential areas, so you would have to arrange freight drop off, or hope I can ship from the dock at work (not guaranteed)

Parts can also be picked up in person, before / after / on the way to C10 SlowDown in San Luis Obispo in late July

If you would like a shipping quote for smaller parts, please give me 3 business days to box weigh and get confirmed pricing.

Thank you
20+ year long term project in process
Lots of Rust, more memories...

Last edited by 60short; 06-12-2024 at 12:00 AM. Reason: additional details
60short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 08:55 PM   #2
60short
Revitalizing a 6T C10

Re: 1960 C10 Front and Rear End / Torsion Bars and Misc Parts from Squarebody Swap

Old 06-13-2024, 07:46 PM   #3
60short
Revitalizing a 6T C10

Re: 1960 C10 Front and Rear End / Torsion Bars and Misc Parts from Squarebody Swap

rear diff

front cross member and steering linkage

functioning transmission

Seventh up ;
Small block Chevy - this was in the truck when I bought it 22 years ago with a rebuilt tag- I don't have any block numbers, but it was also told it was a 350, it was running and driving, well loved, but ready for some refurbishment - most likely good for rebuild / core charge
will be just the block / heads - I may have an intake available, but will be reusing exhaust, ignition and most of the accessories
$250/ make offer