The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-27-2024, 05:19 AM   #1
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

John, one of my former lodgers was in Cyprus with his son and daughter. He has a high limb amputation but removes the prosthesis when out in the waterpark with the kids. Managed to slip on his crutches when going to use the toilet and broke his humerus (upper arm bone) high next to his shoulder, and damaged his stump badly enough not to even be able to now fit the prosthetic to his stump due to swelling and pain.
Not an ideal situation to be when you live on the first floor once back home.
His daughter started driving this year, zero mechanical knowledge except where to put petrol and lock car up.
She took the car to a family owned garage about a small puddle of water seen on the floor.
The result was a quote below.
So John asked me to go look and verify the list.
I am not a mechanic. But I went over to where his daughter lives.
Looking at everything listed I struggled to find most of these faults that had passed an MOT in February.
But, I am not a mechanic.
Ultimately I suggested replacing the winter tyres up front as I could not find the quoted Damage after looking twice. But a tyre company will have a better chance to identify it. Also, winter tyres in summer are not ideal.
One brake disc was scored. Brakes work fine.
The rest of the faults were beyond me.
Brake fluid was full, radiator fluid topped up by less than 500ml in the reservoir.

On the way out, I stopped at Morrisons to buy John a bottle of Caramel Vodka for John as he likes trying different things.

When I got back to my Scenic, I found it had been hit on the rear fender/bumper and the hitman/woman/idiot was parked next to me.

The damage to my car doesn’t look like much because plastic bounces back, but it was clearly enough to fold around his bumper.

I was parked distinctly centre in my spot.

Really pissed off, I left a bunch of PostIt notes on the car including some nasty comments and left.

Insurance companies are not interested in paying or settling disputes, and the idiot that must have felt the impact could have been a 6’8” testosterone filled ham head.

Just angers me that the whole world has evolved to this.

If you recognise the car……. Pass the message on.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote