The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-30-2024, 05:06 PM   #1
JP2120

Re: wiper motor install

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideStepper View Post
GOOD NEWS: It was not easy, but I finally found the "factor support" bracket for the wiper motor. It is located high up in the forward part of the dash, rather than back near the firewall, where I was expecting it to be . The area is confined, with poor accessibility & full of everything you can think of (radio, various wires, defroster vent hoses, etc.) plus you need to work around the floor shifter & seat when laying on your back for the installation. 
After many decades of working on older trucks/cars, I sometime surprise myself that I thought that installing a wiper motor was going to be easy! I guess I am just an optimistic person, otherwise my projects would never get completed. A SHOUT OUT & Thank You again, to dsraven for referring me to the picture I needed for help.
I just finished a frame off resto mod on my 55.2 and there are 2 threaded mounting holes on the upper part of the firewall area under the defrost ducts.
I moved my switch next to the headlight switch on mine and bought a longer cable for a corvette. I had issues with that so I got a rotory switch and drilled out the center on the new switch knob post and used the post off my old cable switch and pressed it into the new one then drilled it through the side and put a roll pin in it so I could use the factory knob.

Last edited by JP2120; 06-30-2024 at 05:07 PM. Reason: mispelling
JP2120 is offline   Reply With Quote