The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2024, 10:51 AM   #1
NDM

Re: Swapping L86 6.2 8l90e into 72 k10

Bumpity bump...I am trying to find out if you used factory exhaust manifolds? My L8T is almost ready to install.
NDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2024, 11:20 AM   #2
barraza

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDM View Post
Bumpity bump...I am trying to find out if you used factory exhaust manifolds? My L8T is almost ready to install.
sorry i didnt see this message, been a while since i logged in. i used late model camaro factory headers. The factory manifolds i had could have worked, but it depends on exactly where the engine ends up being positioned. The only way to know is to just try it.

Been a couple of years now, but if i remember correctly, one side of the iron manifolds points outward slightly and would have been difficult to get the exhaust pipe attached without trimming the frame.

I just re-read this entire posting completely and have to say i probably wouldnt change a single thing. Sometimes when you live with modifications for a while, you realize things you should not have done, but the 6.2Lt/8l90e has been a winner. It completely transformed my old truck. I like it so much i sold my newer Silverado, and i use it for everything. One additional thing i noticed was that i kind of criticized Mitch at SwapTime who did my harness. It was an honest mistake and he ended up being very helpful and getting me running great. I cant figure how to edit the original post so I thought would ad it here that i have used him since, have no problem recommending him.
barraza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2024, 01:30 PM   #3
NDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barraza View Post
sorry i didnt see this message, been a while since i logged in. i used late model camaro factory headers. The factory manifolds i had could have worked, but it depends on exactly where the engine ends up being positioned. The only way to know is to just try it.

Been a couple of years now, but if i remember correctly, one side of the iron manifolds points outward slightly and would have been difficult to get the exhaust pipe attached without trimming the frame.

I just re-read this entire posting completely and have to say i probably wouldnt change a single thing. Sometimes when you live with modifications for a while, you realize things you should not have done, but the 6.2Lt/8l90e has been a winner. It completely transformed my old truck. I like it so much i sold my newer Silverado, and i use it for everything. One additional thing i noticed was that i kind of criticized Mitch at SwapTime who did my harness. It was an honest mistake and he ended up being very helpful and getting me running great. I cant figure how to edit the original post so I thought would ad it here that i have used him since, have no problem recommending him.
Thanks! I spoke to Mitch one day and he was absolutely great to me. To spend a significant amount of time talking to me with no money exchanged was very awesome of him. His videos have had a huge motivating impact on my courage to take on the gen V swap tgat I am doing.
NDM is offline   Reply With Quote