The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-08-2024, 11:09 PM   #1
jumpsoffrock

Re: McQueen K5 on BAT

^^^Ya know Richard, I'm fairly young, and I have been wondering.....In 40-50 years from now when people don't know who all these famous people are, whatsoever. ...When people don't know the significance of a HEMI Cuda convertable, when driving these cars is nearly impossible or not allowed, will they carry value?

My bet is no way. I bet in 40-50 years from now a 1-of-2 HEMI vert Cuda that is today worth like $3m will be worth about 250k. And a project rusty mustang will be worth $10 lol

What goes up must come down
I guess.

I agree that rich-guy "investor mentality" has ruined our hobby. I always though muscle/classic cars only got valuable in the late '90's, but I've seen many videos that state otherwise--people have been inflating these prices with "investment" in mind since the late 70's. Think HEMI's, Winged cars, True original Shelby Cobras, etc. These cars were valuable almost instantly. There was almost never a time you could buy one cheap.

Ant then nowadays......Porsche decided to discontinue a stick-shift GT3 some years ago. So a year or two later they release a MEGA special edition sporty model variant of the 911 that was available with a manual. They started at some stupid number like $240k, and were all sold out in minutes. The only thing that made it cool was an engine/trans combo that could have been ordered by ANYONE two years earlier. Apparently they were worth gobs of money afterwards.

The cars weren't even built and they had appreciated.....investor mentality.....pshhh...what a joke.

Last edited by jumpsoffrock; 07-08-2024 at 11:15 PM.
jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote