The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2024, 12:28 AM   #25
Kalums

Re: Axle and rims help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
That is a question I don’t have the answer to unfortunately,but I’d not be surprised if they still would clear the blue dial spicer hubs. The reason I say that is they really aren’t any bigger than the actual steel portion of the hub itself. So if it clear the hub it should clear the lock out at least that’s the case in my feeble mind. I’ve had warns and blue dials both on my truck when it still had the 44. The warns are a more durable, less problem prone, design but the look of the blue dials is iconic to me anyway. If you’ve got any good pick and pulls down there in the valley of death (this time of year anyway lol) you might see if you could get them to pull a set and get a good look at a them and be able to measure the bores.
So these are the 3 pictures the seller you linked to on ebay sent me... Now if I'm seeing this right my outer hub is 4.5" roughly and the inner of the GM hubs is about 4"... So I thinking these might not work... Oh well back to the Arrowcraft adapters I guess. If I'm missing something please let me know... Something just occurred to me do I take off the existing hub outer and replace it with the GM adapter or is it supposed to fit over the existing hub?
Attached Images

Kalums is offline   Reply With Quote