The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 09:30 AM   #1
Dashman

Re: Not good enough brakes

Yes, the hydroboost was pulsating the brake pedal near full depression, but that was in a parked condition to see if the power assist was going to change the pedal feel after bleeding. From post #1, it's a K10 with a 14 bolt rear end, 3/4 ton outers on the original Dana 44 with new axle u-joints, ball joints, seals, bearings, rotors, and calipers. I'm still skeptical about this brake system, so I'm cautious when out driving in public.

I get it. I bolted things together because they can without thinking about the pedal ratio. By reducing the pedal ratio, I took away the added power assist that could be felt from the hydroboost.

I believe that the hydroboost firewall bracket is placing the pedal rod a bit low in the hole through the firewall. I can modify the bracket and raise the hydroboost there, and maybe change the angle of it to get higher up the brake pedal thereby increasing the pedal ratio. Maybe I can lengthen the brake pedal a bit also, and get to a pedal ratio near 3.5:1.

First, I need my helper to verify that all the air is out of the front brakes.

Thank you!
Dashman is offline   Reply With Quote