The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #1
CAMAROBOY68SS

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Brought home a old friend on Friday. My grandparents had this 61 Impala when I was growing up while in middle and high school. It was a identical twin to a 61 that my grandpa ordered brand new in 61 and then dated my grandmother in it, sold it when they got married to have extra money to get on their feet. (Stuck a scanned old photo of the original car)

Well fast forward to today, we lost my grandmother a year ago and my grandpa was wanting to get the 61 back, was able to get in touch with the guy they sold it to a decade ago and he actually still had it and was ready to let the car go. So we sold some spare stuff, pooled our money together and got the car back. Needs a little TLC as the car has pretty much sat in the garage the last decade, but nothing crazy.
Attached Images

C10 Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=833278

The "Others"
1933 Ford Pickup (Camaro in disguise)
2017 Camaro SS

Life long Chevy guy
CAMAROBOY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:12 AM   #2
Getter-Done

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAROBOY68SS View Post
Brought home a old friend on Friday. My grandparents had this 61 Impala when I was growing up while in middle and high school. It was a identical twin to a 61 that my grandpa ordered brand new in 61 and then dated my grandmother in it, sold it when they got married to have extra money to get on their feet. (Stuck a scanned old photo of the original car)

Well fast forward to today, we lost my grandmother a year ago and my grandpa was wanting to get the 61 back, was able to get in touch with the guy they sold it to a decade ago and he actually still had it and was ready to let the car go. So we sold some spare stuff, pooled our money together and got the car back. Needs a little TLC as the car has pretty much sat in the garage the last decade, but nothing crazy.
Great that this came back to the family.

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote