The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #1
General23cmp

Aftermarket door shells

I know it has been asked before, but I’m looking for recent experience of the quality of shells on the market. I know AMD, KeyParts, and Goodmark sells complete door skins. I purchased lower inner door panels from AMD, and they were junk. The KeyParts one I ordered was almost an exact copy of the original (Very good). The KeyParts doors are more expensive, but if better than the AMD in the same ways as the lower panel was, it’d be great.

Anyone have any recent experience? Thanks.
General23cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:13 AM   #2
hevy_chevy67

Re: Aftermarket door shells

Also interested if anyone has any recent feedback, but from what I've read, go with the Key Parts doors. I'm planning to buy a set for my Blazer in a couple months and I will be going with Key Parts.

Here is a more recent thread with some info. Near the end there is a comment that the Key Part door fit good.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849101
1969 GMC Suburban - 5.3 LS, 4L60e
hevy_chevy67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:30 PM   #3
A1971Blazer

Re: Aftermarket door shells

I bought a pair from LMC for my '67 build and had them painted an installed before I found some really good OEM doors.
Honestly, they fit but not as well as I had hoped. The biggest issue I ran into was the upper window frame, it's not exactly in the correct location in relation to the door frame in the cab and the windows did not fit properly.
When I put the vent windows and the glass in, the window contacted the inside of the door frame at the back and would not go all the way up. I ended up belt sanding (with great difficulty) almost 1/8" of the glass to make it fit.
I believe they were Key Parts doors. I bought them because I had gotten my stepside fenders from LMC and they were very nice...APEC brand.
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote