The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 03:37 PM   #1
Ramiro0727

Battery Isolator

I have a 69 Chevy C10. I added a accuair air ride system. I'm going with a dual battery setup. The batteries are behind the cab mounted on the frame. I'm trying where is a good place to mount the battery isolator. To keep it from.getting wet. If I mount it on the frame as well. Trying to keep the battery cables from.the isolator to the batteries short. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks,
Ramiro
Ramiro0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:08 PM   #2
PbFut

Re: Battery Isolator

Manual or electronic switch? Isolating what? Charging system, or suspension motors.
If you want to isolate the aux batteries from truck, you may want to wire like a oem aux rv battery. I am not familiar with these systems. When do you need to isolate? With a bit of planning you should be able to use a high amp relay or solenoid to do what you need electrically. My RV battery mimics OE option and only connects to the truck system in run position. Battery is isolated in all other states. Protects truck battery from draining while camping. Also isolates during start protecting from back feed and popping the fuse link
PbFut is online now   Reply With Quote