The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM   #36
vintovka

Re: 55 years ago I was given this USAF 54 3100

Why i chose a climate which stays 55- 64 most of time. The need for Home and auto a/c is exceptionally rare. We use the auto a/c only when venturing inland and the home a/c seems reserved for when wildfire smoke makes it to the coast. I see no need for a/c at all in the 54 although a good heater is a must.

Still in process of tweaking some of the stuff on the 54. From previous posts the sound system is enclosed in the glove compartment and operated via a remote. Since i have no functional AUX key position I ran fused power direct to both the radio and the IR transmission cable set up. This allows me to use the system without opening the glove box door. Safety shutdown is still with the cutoff switch.

I also added grommets to the tank neck on the DL fender. Less spillage and it now allows the nozzle to rotate clear of the fender. Fills very easy.

Last pic is just one of the several cougars that come to check on us. Today is no exception. Per usual It was formally disinvited by a near blast from our family protector Mr. Mossberg send it and its much bigger buddies unharmed but certainly scared sh-tless upriver.
Attached Images

Last edited by vintovka; Yesterday at 11:21 PM.
vintovka is online now   Reply With Quote