The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 09:26 AM   #1
biketopia

Body mounting hardware

So I'm hoping to get around to mounting my cab and core support to my chassis in the coming weeks. I'm digging through my parts stash of new and used stuff. I'm planning to install these bushings, https://static.atechmotorsports.com/.../ens-17016.pdf I can source new bolts locally and have the specs on them, but I can't seem to locate the factory washers it speaks of in the directions. Are they just a thick washer or do I need the specific factory style ones and are they available anywhere?

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:07 AM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Body mounting hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by biketopia View Post
So I'm hoping to get around to mounting my cab and core support to my chassis in the coming weeks. I'm digging through my parts stash of new and used stuff. I'm planning to install these bushings, https://static.atechmotorsports.com/.../ens-17016.pdf I can source new bolts locally and have the specs on them, but I can't seem to locate the factory washers it speaks of in the directions. Are they just a thick washer or do I need the specific factory style ones and are they available anywhere?

The body mount washers are close to the same diameter as the bushings they fit against and are approx. 1/8" thick. The core support washers are thinner but still thicker than most hardware store washers. Try ACE Hardware, Fastenall, (if you have one in your area), or as last resort a farm store. (check in the farm equipment area of the store for the bigger washers)

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:25 AM   #3
PbFut

Are you sure you want urethane bushings?
Different is not always better.
PbFut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:33 AM   #4
Sheepdip

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfut View Post
are you sure you want urethane bushings?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:44 AM   #5
biketopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbFut View Post
Are you sure you want urethane bushings?
95% sure. This will be lowered on coil-overs, big engine, corner carving type truck, even though it is a long bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
The body mount washers are close to the same diameter as the bushings they fit against and are approx. 1/8" thick. The core support washers are thinner but still thicker than most hardware store washers. Try ACE Hardware, Fastenall, (if you have one in your area), or as last resort a farm store. (check in the farm equipment area of the store for the bigger washers)
Thanks, that's what I thought they were. I have a vendor I can work with on that type of hardware if I can get it at my local nut & bolt place. Specifically it calls out a washer with a square hole in the front cab location, is there an actual requirement for that?

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
Old Today, 11:16 AM   #6
Dashman

Front cab or radiator support location? It's a square washer with a square hole because the radiator support body mount uses a carriage bolt. It restrains it from turning while the nut is tightened. You could access a hex head bolt with some long extensions, then you wouldn't need a square washer with a square hole. I don't recall there being a square hole washer at either cab mount location.
Dashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:16 PM   #7
biketopia

The instructions indicate front cab, but makes a lot of sense for the radiator support though.

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
Old Today, 02:35 PM   #8
Accelo

"corner carving type truck"
How does body mount bushing help cornering?
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:45 PM   #9
PbFut

Keep the rubber just in case you get tired of the tighter connection to small road vibration. Just be true to yourself as to the amount of benefit and how much you actually use this benefit to the compromise in daily ride, if you intend to continue to drive on street. I get it. You want the best performance possible. Problem is you end up giving up the street use at some point.
True story. Bought a rather rare BMW in 2003 and HPDE tracking shortly after acquiring. By 2006, I replace with similar model in every way except, the rare for the model, (S54 Mcoupe) S54 motor. I stripped and caged the new one. Aluminum bushings and heim joint suspension points with +3 inch track. Finally a Jerico dog box and LS. It just never ends and of course this car will never see a street again.
Goood luck with the mods.
Old Today, 02:45 PM   #10
biketopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelo View Post
"corner carving type truck"
How does body mount bushing help cornering?
I'm not concerned with NVH and gentle ride characteristics that most seem to be after when recommending rubber over polly.

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #11
biketopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbFut View Post
Keep the rubber just in case you get tired of the tighter connection to small road vibration. Just be true to yourself as to the amount of benefit and how much you actually use this benefit to the compromise in daily ride, if you intend to continue to drive on street. I get it. You want the best performance possible. Problem is you end up giving up the street use at some point.
True story. Bought a rather rare BMW in 2003 and HPDE tracking shortly after acquiring. By 2006, I replace with similar model in every way except, the rare for the model, (S54 Mcoupe) S54 motor. I stripped and caged the new one. Aluminum bushings and heim joint suspension points with +3 inch track. Finally a Jerico dog box and LS. It just never ends and of course this car will never see a street again.
Goood luck with the mods.
Ohh I know the rabbit hole all too well. Bought a 95 Camaro with a blown LT1 to have fun little burn out car, nothing serous. Started with a 350 and mild cam & headers. Ended with it caged, full tubular suspension, solid motor mounts, stripped interior, etc. It had it's quirks for sure but I still drove it regularly. Was a fairly nice ride on the street too, no obnoxious drone from 55-75. When I lived in a neighborhood the neighbors didn't like the 5500 stall at 530am leaving for work through our hilly neighborhood. Pulled the drivetrain and it will be going in the truck with all the no limit goodies.

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
Old Today, 03:00 PM   #12
PbFut

At least the truck frame won't twist like the Camero's. LOL
You'll feel the weight difference though.
Condolences to your bank account.