The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 03:47 PM   #1
vikingsandpintos

Re: 67 C10 new bed floor not lining up mside to side

Yep, my bolt holes measure the same as your apart. So the holes in relation to each other seem ok, its just like they are all off to the side. I'm going to start test fitting the panels together to see if that's all ok.

Don't see any issues with the sides, as far as condition. But the front panel is beat to h***, smh. Almost all the edges and corners bent, and the whole thing bowed a little. I'm going to try and straighten it with a 2x4 and a little pressure kneeling or standing on it. I had to do that with an aftermarket hood for my 72 Mustang when I got it. It's a known issue with those, the arch front to back is too much. and have to use the 2x4 method on them normally.

I wish the aftermarket quality was better on parts, but it is what it is. I guess we should be lucky they are making even low quality parts, better than no parts at all, lol. Original 50 year old body panels are not going to get any easier to find!

At least her truck is a driver, not a show car, so she isn't too worried about perfect. Just wants it to look decent. Maybe once we get hers drivable, I can get back on the Mustang. Been torn apart for probably 7-8 years now, and I'm not getting any younger. Just everything else seems to get put in front of it. Oh, to have unlimited time and money, lol!!
vikingsandpintos is offline   Reply With Quote