The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2024, 08:16 AM   #351
6DoF

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

are those the final wheels or can you just get something with 2" less backspacing now?

huge props fabbin the whole knuckle like that.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2024, 02:19 PM   #352
Cautrell05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modsqaud69 View Post
You do great work! Really sucks, with the frame mods and still have to run spacers. I just bought a 98 zq8 s10 frame, quick ratio steering, large sway bar front, rear sway bar, and factory lowered springs, so I'm just going to run spacers front and back. Rob
Thank you. I try.
Ya, i wasn't excited about running the spacers either. If i would have not built them as drop spindles i think they would have cleared the tie rod. If i upside wheels later i can get rid of them.

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2024, 02:23 PM   #353
Cautrell05

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
are those the final wheels or can you just get something with 2" less backspacing now?

huge props fabbin the whole knuckle like that.
Yep, keeping the same wheels for now. Down the road I'll probably upsize then. I can get rid of the spacers at that time.

Old Today, 12:33 PM   #354
Cautrell05

Been really bad about updates but it's slowly moving along. Frame is totally stripped down and mounted on the frame table to keep it square. I blasted the inside of the frame a couple weeks ago and painted everything i could reach with header paint. Where the plan is to powder coat it i wanted something on the inside that's not going to burn off when they bake the powder coat. Next up is boxing the middle of the frame back to the gas tank crossmember. Once that is welded up and solid I'll move on to the back. I have a piece of 1/8" wall rec tubing that will tie the back of the rails together along with being boxed. The stock crossmember with the spare tire hoist is coming out and the hoist is getting relocated. After getting a flat twice on my car that didn't come with a spare in not going through that again. Already measured and a temp spare will fit under there just fine and be out of sight. Plus a little extra rearweight won't hurt.
Attached Images

Old Today, 01:48 PM   #355
dsraven

nice.
is the round tubing for bracing or is it part of the build? curious if there will be a lower section to that if it is part of the build. something to use as a trans mount/frame stabilizer in the center section. otherwise it is a long run between cross members.
keep posting your progress, get it all done before powder coating or it becomes a mess to do changes, as I am sure you are well aware.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote