The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Today, 07:59 AM   #36
Chaparralman1974

Re: My 1967 Chevy K20 Build Thread

8/4/2024 - 8/12/2024
Final priming completed
At this point, I believe that I have the body work on the truck about 98% complete. After applying a full 3 coats of Eastwood Urethane 2K Primer Surfacer on all components of the body, I am now to the final sanding stages before I can apply paint. This past weekend I fixed a flat spot that I found on the bed, and finished up the hood, cowl, and tailgate and then put everything on the frame to fully cure for the next 2 weeks or so. My plan at that point will be to work from the front to the back doing final sanding, fixing any blemishes that I missed and then paint.
As far as paint goes, I have decided to go with TCP Global’s Restoration line of Acrylic Urethane. For the body, I will be going with “Grabber Blue” and will paint the cab “Championship White”. It is rewarding to finally see things coming together.
I did get a bit of overspray on the panels during the priming, so after it was dry, I went over everything with a red scuff pad to knock it down and remove any nibs that were in it. It all gets sanded anyway, but that is the swirling that you see in the primer.
Attached Images

Build Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=841272
Chaparralman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote