The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Today, 12:01 PM   #8
Thealien

Re: Dakota Digital Classic Stock Look Gauges

I am running the RTX gauges in my two 1972 Blazers both with AC. The 4 X 4 I am using all the Dakota Digital sending units including the speed sensor that screws into the speedo cable location. I had no trouble with the AC hose in this one. You have to be careful as the way the cables come out the back of the gauges they can be damaged.

On my two wheel drive I am using a few of the modules that take up lots of the space behind the cluster leaving little to no room for the AC ducting. We ended up making a bracket that uses the bolt that goes through the firewall (into the wiper tray iirc). That places all the modules behind the steering column freeing up space for the AC ducting.

There are two reasons that I went with the RTX gauges. One is how well lit up it is at night. I could never get my stock gauges so I could see them enough while driving at night. These gauges light up like a modern vehicle. The other reason was I have an LS3 in the two wheel drive and it was easy to integrate the gauges through their modules to that gauge cluster. I have no complaints. I install connectors between the modules, and the vehicle wiring in case I ever had to re-move a module for replacement.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote