The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Today, 12:40 PM   #28
vardenafil

Re: Need help with alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post

If you want to correct the misalignment of the fan and shroud we will need more photos of the motor stands, the clearance between the firewall and the distributor, the transmission crossmember, the core support and radiator mounts.
here are some pictures and measurements. from the distributor to the fire wall there is about 3 inches max. from the water pump to the radiator there is 7 1/2 inches.

the radiator core support rubber is all new. the radiator support brackets and rubber is also all new.

I think the truck originally came with a v8. on the core support it has a sticker that says 350 v8. i am not sure if the core support is original to the truck or if the v8 in the truck is original or a replacement. the tranny however is a different story. the truck originally had a manual tranny. the PO converted it to an automatic. so i think this is where the misalignment is? here are pictures of the motor mounts and tranny mounts.i noticed that the front cross member is bolted in the middle bolt holes. im not too sure where they are supposed to be bolted at. i just ordered poly motor mounts and a small spacer to see if i can get a little more lift on the block. thanks for looking at my pictures and helping me figure out this mess.

Name:  dist.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  54.2 KB

Name:  radiator mount.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  76.7 KB

Name:  front cross holes.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  98.0 KB

Name:  front cross.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  101.3 KB