The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2024, 12:48 PM   #17
vintovka

Re: 53 GMC longbed project

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
yup, braking and steering would be the biggest issues with the old vs newer vehicles. next up would be visibility from the drivers seat just because of the small back window cabs that don't allow much for viewing the lane next, the mirrors are pretty small and usually vibrate a lot
unless the owner is building a bone stock truck for a purpose it would be a great upgrade to install power disc brakes up front, power steering and some decent mirors.
Too true. Many hop in their old trucks and flat forget the tech they are accustomed to is NOT there. Had another near incidents in last 2 months where power brakes and steering saved the day. Both due to to folks cutting in front of me and sort of "brake checking". As said many times "peep mirrors" are an invitation to disaster and may be problem for you should you wind up in an accident - or worse court. I'll bet there's actuarial data relating incidents with older vehicles, tech and those of us getting on in years.

Speaking of tech/legal issues i predict the push for mandatory dash cams will be a big deal soon.
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote