The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-19-2024, 08:52 AM   #1
jrusher

Re: 1984 K20 project

Finished up the carpet and installed a small amp and some hertz 6x9s and some 2.5” speakers in dash . Carpet fit really well and turned out good.
Attached Images

jrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 08:55 AM   #2
jrusher

Tackled the seat next . The original foam was in really good shape but I ordered new bottom foam just to be on safe side . Cleaned up frames and a quick paint job then added some extra wire cross stringers across bottom of seat springs . Ive done this on all the seats I’ve done and it really helps for firmness
Attached Images

Last edited by jrusher; 08-19-2024 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-19-2024, 09:27 AM   #3
jrusher

Tried to get a blue seat cover from USA1 but nothing available until Oct so I ordered this brothers truck one through summit . Was here in within 2 weeks. Bottom piece fits really good but the back piece has a lot of extra material like 2 inches extra length on the back side. Going to try calling Holley or brothers to see what they say about this. Most covers I’ve done it’s the other way around usually they are tight to fit up . I can roll the extra material up and hog ring it but it’s not right from what I can tell
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2024, 05:22 PM   #4
Shifty One

That's some really nice work!

1998 C2500 lot-rot rescue
Shifty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 02:46 AM   #5
kitsbeach

Seats look really good.! I've got seat covers for mine here going to tackle it soon (dark blue acme auto madrid vinyl from rock auto).

1967 C10 LWB (now SWB) Fleetside 6cyl Saginaw three-on-the-tree "No Frills"

1980 C20 Long to short & static drop "Square One"
kitsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 07:17 AM   #6
jrusher

Thx! This cover is made by acme as well according to the guy I talked to at Brothers yesterday. Its a decent cover for the price and shipped quick compared to others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsbeach View Post
Seats look really good.! I've got seat covers for mine here going to tackle it soon (dark blue acme auto madrid vinyl from rock auto).

Last edited by jrusher; 08-20-2024 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-20-2024, 08:44 AM   #7
TKCR

Wow! Everything you have done so far looks great!

I would have waited on USA1 seat cover, those ACME covers are poorly made. I quit using them years ago. USA1 colors match way better also, as with their dye. I noticed you used SEM, which is a good brand, but it’s hard to find a perfect match to our trucks original interior colors. That’s where USA1 comes in with all their stuff, even the dyes match perfectly.
I really liked that you did take the time on your seat frame. This is how I did all the seats I restored, when I was doing them. I don’t anymore, but I do still restore the seatbelts, if you want yours done while they are out.
I know ACC is the main supplier for all the carpet, but who did you order it from? I have a buddy looking to order the blue high hump. He’s being told it’s all out of stock.
I think I’m going to start over at the beginning of your thread with everything you have done. I really enjoy looking at all the before and after pics!

Last edited by TKCR; 08-20-2024 at 08:51 AM.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 09:42 AM   #8
jrusher

Thanks! Yeah i didnt want to wait that long on a seat cover. USA1 told me Octoberish for a cover which probably means November or December the way they operate. I got this other one in July, it will do the job I like the material and it looks like some of the factory covers of same years. If i was doing a full on OEM resto i would of ordered one from SMS.
Carpet is from USA1 not sure who supplies them ? ACC or PUI ?
The SEM paint looks to be a good match its close enough for me this its just a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Wow! Everything you have done so far looks great!

I would have waited on USA1 seat cover, those ACME covers are poorly made. I quit using them years ago. USA1 colors match way better also, as with their dye. I noticed you used SEM, which is a good brand, but it’s hard to find a perfect match to our trucks original interior colors. That’s where USA1 comes in with all their stuff, even the dyes match perfectly.
I really liked that you did take the time on your seat frame. This is how I did all the seats I restored, when I was doing them. I don’t anymore, but I do still restore the seatbelts, if you want yours done while they are out.
I know ACC is the main supplier for all the carpet, but who did you order it from? I have a buddy looking to order the blue high hump. He’s being told it’s all out of stock.
I think I’m going to start over at the beginning of your thread with everything you have done. I really enjoy looking at all the before and after pics!