The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Today, 05:13 PM   #36
kna4977

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Blazer/Jimmy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Here's one now on BAT, red paint gray plaid. Plaid pattern appears horizontal across the front seats.
Although not the typical vertically run plaid, it's not the first one I've seen like this. There are a few examples in this thread.
Also notice how the rear doesn't line up. It's skewed toward the right in the picture or toward the drivers side and the bottom one side has the white most line more toward the front of the vehicle than the other side. Bottom line is I don't think there was any standard for how they ran the material from day to day or whether it lined up or not. Probably depended on the individual tasked that time with sewing it together. They were just trying to be as productive as possible. Sometimes they cared and tried to line them up, some times they didn't. Maybe a new person was learning that day or maybe they didn't care or pay attention. Maybe someone grabbed a set of covers meant for a GMC that day and put them in a Chevy? You could get the plaid pattern in a GMC and the material was typically ran horizontally instead of vertically or so I have read.

As an aside, I went to the Ford dealership today and was looking at the placement of the Kentucky Ford Truck plant decal in the upper right hand corner of the windshield. I had to take a picture of the entire row because not one of them was in the same place. Some were turned about 45 degrees either to the right or left, some were straight, some were closer to the top some were closer to the middle. No two were alike.

Last edited by kna4977; Today at 05:21 PM.
kna4977 is offline   Reply With Quote