The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM   #26
dagnabbitt

Re: Junkyarding

1964 Buick Lesabre, very complete, super cool car in my opinion, even as a four door.

It's funny, you'd think it would be stripped instantly, but at the yard most people walk past it. They are all looking for a crank sensor for their Kia that will fit in their pocket.

It had probably been there a month but I think I was the first person to figure out how to open the hood. Some kind of small block, power steering, generator for power. No one wants to do anything but pry an emblem off of it.

Imagine it lowered just a couple inches with dog dish hubcaps and a whip antenna. It's all there. Kind of a shame, but we all have projects already.
Attached Images

1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:05 AM   #27
dagnabbitt

The big find for me that I spent some time on, this 1963 GMC 1 ton.

There were a lot of wasps protecting it, but they never seem to bother me, I've never been stung in my life.

This truck had it all. A 292; SM 420 (I think); the J76 trans brake option; oil bath etc.

I wish I had found it years ago of course. I bought this same park brake handle from a forum member years ago for my 1968 project (thread).

And for that same truck I spent a lot of money on Ebay for junkyard gold: the high flow 292 thermostat bypass housing that was specific to 60's models of that engine. I swore in this thread I'd be on the lookout for them in the future, and of course I found one, years later.

Shipping for those two parts alone were more than I'd pay at this yard to buy this entire truck, probably: and they are all here for the taking

I ended up leaving those parts for some other person. It was hard to do that, but I have enough stuff.

I might change my mind, the place is 5 minutes from my house and I know what size socket to bring.

The plugs and wires look new, it might even crank.

Ok I might have to go back.

But I did get some door handles and bezels and other knick-knacks.

It had rained heavily the night before and someone had put the oil bath cleaner in a mud puddle as a lily pad to step on. I thought about how many people would want that thing, so I did retrieve it and place it somewhere it would be safe. I used a 5.7 Hemi engine cover instead.
Attached Images

1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10

Last edited by dagnabbitt; Today at 12:59 AM.
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:07 AM   #28
RustyPile

That brown Chevrolet 4dr sedan in post #25 is a '54, not '50.. '49 and '50 were almost identical. '51 - '52 are very similar in appearance.. In '53, Chevy made some grill and dash changes.. Then in '54, the last of the six volt electrical systems, they made some minor grill changes..

Among the Chevrolets of that era, I've owned.. One '49, one '50, one '52, several '55s, a couple '56s, and numerous '57s, One of which is still in the family - a '57 Nomad..
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote