The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 12:07 AM   #1
Dude68

Re: 1968 redo

Today, we replaced the wheel cylinder and shoes. I picked up a new master cylinder, front wheel cylinders, and bearings for the front. I'm a little disappointed that everything is made in China. I am in such a rush, I don't have time to search for parts. I wish I had planned ahead and found some NOS parts. We ground the rivets off of the drums and the hubs came loose. My Daddy turns 81 in a couple of days. Neither one of us are in great shape and this humid Arkansas heat prevents us from putting in more than a few hours each day, plus I am still working 12 hour night shifts. It's a little over an hour from my house to his. My Dad was a paint/body man in late 60s thru mid 70s until he got hired at UPS. He retired from there. He has painted the hood, grill, cowl and fenders back when we first started. They look darn good. Gonna go back Saturday to replace the front brakes, hoses, bearings, and master cylinder. Gonna pull the heater core and take it and radiator to shop next. I will probably install an aftermarket a/c unit as well. Engine, transmission, power steering addition, more paint, buddy bucket reupholstering coming as will. I'll post some pics soon.