The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2024, 12:14 AM   #40
ryans69chevy

Re: Fashionable Fever! - 1969 Chevy C10 Build

Feels like I'm bouncing around with working on different parts of the pickup. I'd rather stay focused on one thing, but years ago I got carried away sanding parts down to clean metal and never did anything with them. Well now they are starting to spot rust so I've been trying to get them cleaned up again and send them through my paint booth. I'm hoping to get most of them through before it gets too cold this year.

I started with spraying alot of the parts that won't be seen to get used to using a gun. I used Nason Ful-Poxy since that's what I bought a couple years ago. The stuff laid down really nice. I'm just going to continue using this on unseen parts until the quart is gone.

I then decided to switch to PPG products. Wasn't getting very good customer service where they sell the Nason. Being that its my first time painting a vehicle, I have quite a few questions. When I've been in the place with Nason products, they didn't seem like they wanted to give me the time of day. Shopped around at a couple of other places and found one that has been more than happy to answer alot of newbie questions.

I chose the PPG Shopline JP375. Sprayed my tailgate first. Seems like this stuff is a little more finicky as far as gun setup. The two coats I put on, orange peeled. I should have tested it on a small part and let it dry fully before spraying this, but when I was dialing in the gun, I assumed it would dry smooth. Turns out after I sprayed both coats, my regulator was set too low. Dumb mistake. Sprayed one of my bed tubs this evening with higher psi and turned out better. Hardly any orange peel.

The picture with no epoxy looks like there is rust on the tailgate - its just the lighting. It was nice and clean before I sprayed it.
Attached Images

ryans69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote