The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM   #1
samkost

Re: AC Delco Master Cylinder

1972CheyenneSuper, that under hood photo/look is spot on…beautiful!

O.K. The latest update.
I pulled the bad POL cadmium plated booster and installed my original Bendix booster.
I first unhooked the battery.
Leaving all brake lines intact since i already bled the system, I then carefully slid the new master cylinder forward to remove the bad booster.
One concern was the pivot arm to the brake pedal adjustment. I left it alone adjustment wise.
A little finagling to line up the center pivot pin but I finally got it in. I had to brace the brake pedal down inside the cab to get the pedal arm forward and the pivot pin in.
With my meat hooks for hands it wasn’t easy to get access there for the pivot point pin and cotter pin. Only swore a couple of times
Did a couple of the pedal tests and then finally started the truck with my foot on the brake pedal. Engine started and the pedal dropped slightly (like it was suppose to). Brake pedal felt great. Pulling out of the garage I tapped the brakes and they responded perfectly.
Took it out for test drive and I had a big smile of remembering how the brakes used to feel and react.
Everything worked as it should with perfect pedal feel/travel and I now can lock up the brakes.

So out with shiney new and in with the OE old.
Very happy with the results and outcome.

Thanks to everyone for your replies and input.
I got power brakes again so I’m going for a ride now.
Thanks again,
Sam
Attached Images

1972 C10 LWB
2020 Z71 Tahoe
samkost is offline   Reply With Quote