The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-07-2024, 09:51 PM   #1
burnie6bt

Re: Black Gold Build, v2.5

Wow realized I haven't posted in a long time!

Progress is slow but there. Definitely am not going to be done by snow. Hoping to get it mobile by end of Oct to do a street run but we will see! More parts collected.

Got a good deal on a set of bags so that delayed the front.

I have the bags in and the front is almost done. Had to make some sway bar modifications so it didn't hit the bag and bind the bushing when aired out.

I shortened the sway bar and made a "tongue" with a hole. Found a sway bar link from an Infiniti or something that was the right length and had ball joints on each end 90 degrees from each other. Pictures are not great but you can sort of see.

Starting to the the engine together to go in. Intake, accessories, etc.

Ordered my Terminator X Max, once the front end is together it's going on the ground and I'll start the engine bay clean up and prep engine. Hopefully set it in after!

A couple questions:
Anyone have shock measurements on a bagged truck with stock A arms. I have 3" drop spindles. Just trying to gauge if I need different shocks..... Don't want to bottom out when aired out and have decent stroke at ride height. Obviously I need to take measurements to be sure!

Anyone have input on how to get the LS lower and back. I know the sliding plates to get back. I am thinking lower perches and sliding plates. I can't seem to find a "dropped" perch, of one advertised at least!

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

burnie6bt is offline   Reply With Quote