The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #1
kna4977

Factory look modern amenities most affordable option?

Truck came with a factory AM radio. Doesn't currently work. I would like to have a unit that looks original but has ability for FM and bluetooth where I can pair my phone to it and have whatever is playing projected through the speaker(s). I don't really want to spend $800+ as I won't drive the vehicle enough to justify that cost. What would be my best option?

Truck originally came with a single dash speaker located in the middle of the dash above the radio. What is the best way to get the best sound without cutting it up?
kna4977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:00 AM   #2
dmjlambert

Re: Factory look modern amenities most affordable option?

Your best option on a low budget and for occasional use is leave the AM radio and its speaker right where it is in the dash and get a nice portable Bluetooth speaker to attach under the dash or sit on the hump or stuff slightly under the seat. Bose Revolve series speaker fits in a large cupholder and has room-filling sound. Other people have used JBL speakers and other brands.
I bought a non-working AM radio for mine and got it working with some sprays of Deoxit D5, and plan to repair my cut-up dash and get the radio going with a reproduction AM radio speaker, so everything will be working as original, and I have a completely independent blasting stereo under the seat I use with bluetooth.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote