The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-09-2024, 12:52 PM   #1
NDM

Re: Bucketlist Blazer -Restomod build 6.6liter L8T

Well....Given a little time, changes are bound to happen.
I have officially changed the plan again. I am no longer keeping direct injection. Due to a backorder for the Holley LT kit it made me do some thinking and at the end of the day, I decided that it will be better to run port injection for a multitude of reasons but the first being simplicity. The fact that everything for the ported kit is in stock kind of put the seal on the decision. I have a holley high ram intake, ported rails, 80 pound injectors and a gen 4 Holley terminator X max kit that should be here this week.

While I will lose about 9% power bu deleting the direct injection, the plan is to run a cam which will put me ahead of the game again. I should end up with about 530hp NA. The decision to run port injection will save me a ton of $$$$ in the future when I go forced injection. The whole plan has always been to have around 800hp with forced induction.

Other great news is that my Advance adapters np205 to 6l90e adapter is here. This thing is going to be really fun!!

NDM is offline   Reply With Quote