The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2024, 05:19 PM   #11
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: best market place for selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglowacky View Post
NOT TRYING TO SELL MY TRUCK.

Just curious what the different ways people are advertising to sell their trucks. I am of the older generation now and all I seem to hear is Facebook to sell anything. I see craigslist is now charging, offer up seem to be not doing well and this forum seems to keep up with new listings, just wondering what people are using? swap meets and outings??? Local or national, Ebay??? Thoughts
I've posted vehicles on Facebook and Craigslist often, and have sold some within an hour. The more a vehicle costs the longer it takes. FWW, I've found straight up honesty about everything, and a reasonable firm price to be very effective.

Say speak of, get this. I've failed to sell a vehicle once, but it was my girlfriend's hunk of Honda Fit(s), under her rules. Everything works, and nice shape, cost plenty to get it there. Anyway, she said she sold it, so I deleted the ads my part, which were stagnant short spamming &*(%, Facebook primarily. I wouldn't pay 5K for that car, book says 12K+ private party. The car sat two months, new battery, 3K for the 100K service, fixed the elect components crap too.

Anyway, my point being, aside for the tragedy Honda built, whatever the rating highly exaggerated no doubt, the difference from vehicles I've sold past is her car is in the MiState of California, Sacramento area. It sat likely because trust doesn't come easy there, to put lightly. After all, theft has become a way of life there.

So people would rather buy from a dealer. To support that, she sat on the car for two months until she took a dealer's best offer for a $10,900 check. I've suggested she take that nearly two months ago; oh well, it's always better they're right. Especially a red-head I couldn't believe they'd pay that much. They'll sell it to a "college student" for some cash, interest and perks.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 09-10-2024 at 05:52 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote