The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM   #28
farmall

Re: Junkyarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagnabbitt View Post
The big find for me that I spent some time on, this 1963 GMC 1 ton.

There were a lot of wasps protecting it, but they never seem to bother me, I've never been stung in my life.

This truck had it all. A 292; SM 420 (I think); the J76 trans brake option; oil bath etc.

I wish I had found it years ago of course. I bought this same park brake handle from a forum member years ago for my 1968 project (thread).

And for that same truck I spent a lot of money on Ebay for junkyard gold: the high flow 292 thermostat bypass housing that was specific to 60's models of that engine. I swore in this thread I'd be on the lookout for them in the future, and of course I found one, years later.

Shipping for those two parts alone were more than I'd pay at this yard to buy this entire truck, probably: and they are all here for the taking

I ended up leaving those parts for some other person. It was hard to do that, but I have enough stuff.

I might change my mind, the place is 5 minutes from my house and I know what size socket to bring.

The plugs and wires look new, it might even crank.

Ok I might have to go back.

But I did get some door handles and bezels and other knick-knacks.

It had rained heavily the night before and someone had put the oil bath cleaner in a mud puddle as a lily pad to step on. I thought about how many people would want that thing, so I did retrieve it and place it somewhere it would be safe. I used a 5.7 Hemi engine cover instead.
I like the dually wheels. I have 10 now and one 19.5 and a guy who says he can recenter the 19.5s with the 18" centers. It will take 2 to see if the spacing will work on the rear. I know it will work on the front.
89 GMC Jimmy Stock https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=810958
71 LT1 Convertible, 72 Coupe
69 CJ5, 75 CJ6, 67 M715, 72 M35A2 Bobbed, 95 XLC2
farmall is offline   Reply With Quote