The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-24-2023, 04:40 PM   #1
thenewminator

Hunting online for pics and videos of my truck at events.....

...please tell me I'm not the only one that does this lol. Here's the skinny, my 93 Seirra isn't the cleanest, nicest, most badass ride out there..but I think it holds its own well enough among average trucks. Anyhow...even though I know I wont be snagging awards or accolades, I love that after trying for 3 decades that I can FINALLY participate in car/truck shows. Having said that I have made the time to attend as many events as possible, no matter how minor. Last year the wife and I made the short trip down to Columbus for the Goodguys show. This past July we made the trip down to TN for the SETN. So....having said that one of my favorite things to do after participating in such large, highly covered events, is to hunt online for any evidence that my truck was there. The suspense is thrilling, and spotting my truck is even more exciting! Obviously what I hope for the most is that someone with any media outlet will purposely focus on my truck...hasn't happened just yet. I've happily settled for "accidental" and "random" coverage of my truck in the background, or even better, in the foreground.

Seriously though I get almost obsessive about it. Spending hours and hours over the course of days...up to weeks watching every youtube video related to the event hoping to spot my truck. I assimilate it to the life long fantasy of building a vehicle worthy of a feature in a major magazine, or even a small snap shot. Along with combing through videos and pics online, when any magazine I subscribe to arrives I immediately turn to the published photos of whichever event I attended with bated breath and fingers crossed...only to be dummed(so far). However I am pleased to say that I've had the good fortune of catching at least a glimpse of my truck in a few videos from the Goodguys show last year. Additionally, just days after returning from SETN in TN you can clearly see my blue and silver 93 long bed driving in the background from right to left just minutes into the day 2 video posted by Yeah Buddy Garage (the guy with the Indy Pace Truck OBS dually, among other super cool trucks featured on his channel). Then... just this morning...the virtual mother load, if you will, I discovered in a total of three more videos posted by lesser known folks that I had not fully watched yet..full blown pass side view of my truck, with my Mongoose bmx bike on display right next to it as each of them walked by!! That totally made my week

Returning back to the original point of this thread, please tell me some of you do the same lol. If so please share if you would like. Maybe you have pics or video posted online or in a magazine taken by random strangers. I attached a pic of my truck I took while parked at SETN 2023. Maybe some of you will recognize it.

Another side note to a very much related subject. While attending shows I snap dozens of pics for my own collection on my computer. If you have any pics of your ride at a major show please share...its always possible that I took a pic of it.
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2023, 11:18 AM   #2
weq92f

Re: Hunting online for pics and videos of my truck at events.....

The folks at GoodGuys caught my truck and my buddies chevelle as we were cruising into the Fall Nationals this year at Texas Motor Speedway. This picture was posted to their website as part of the coverage of the event.

-klb
Attached Images

99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 12:10 PM   #3
thenewminator

that is awsome and well deserved for sure. your truck looks really sharp, and your buddies chevelle too.
Old 10-25-2023, 12:47 PM   #4
Keith Seymore

Not my truck, but I've had my Chevelle show up in random places:

Usually someone else brings it to my attention.

K
Attached Images

1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/

Last edited by Keith Seymore; 10-25-2023 at 01:07 PM.
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 01:04 PM   #5
Keith Seymore

And my Grand Prix.

This was in the Detroit Free Press coverage of the Woodward Dream Cruise:
Attached Images

1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 03:48 PM   #6
weq92f

The week leading up to the TMS show, they had cruises scheduled for Tue, Wed and Thur. I participated on two of these days (over 500 miles total driven) and was published again on the web site. It was very cool with Thursday being a poker run where we visited among other places, Shortie's custom shop! I'm the bloke in the shirt at one of the stops. Incidentally, the truck on the shirt is the very truck parked behind mine in this first pic!

EDIT:
Here's the page detailing all three cruise days with some cool things to look at...

https://fuelcurve.com/texas-hot-rod-...oP1WFLqJF9fFIg

-klb
Attached Images

99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold

Last edited by weq92f; 10-25-2023 at 04:00 PM.
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 05:37 PM   #7
tutone

Guilty as charged. All screenshots from you-tube videos.
Hot rod reunion
C10 Nats
So Il truck showdown.
More but I won't bore you.
Attached Images

1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 02:19 PM   #8
thenewminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
And my Grand Prix.

This was in the Detroit Free Press coverage of the Woodward Dream Cruise:
hey keith, thanks so much for sharing both of your rides. I'm from the Detroit area also and have been to the dream cruise several times since its' start. last year we brought the truck up for the dream cruise for the 1st time since I got it back together 2 years ago.
Old 10-27-2023, 02:31 PM   #9
thenewminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post

The week leading up to the TMS show, they had cruises scheduled for Tue, Wed and Thur. I participated on two of these days (over 500 miles total driven) and was published again on the web site. It was very cool with Thursday being a poker run where we visited among other places, Shortie's custom shop! I'm the bloke in the shirt at one of the stops. Incidentally, the truck on the shirt is the very truck parked behind mine in this first pic!

EDIT:
Here's the page detailing all three cruise days with some cool things to look at...

https://fuelcurve.com/texas-hot-rod-...oP1WFLqJF9fFIg

-klb
super cool. again, well deserved.
Old 10-27-2023, 02:33 PM   #10
thenewminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutone View Post
Guilty as charged. All screenshots from you-tube videos.
Hot rod reunion
C10 Nats
So Il truck showdown.
More but I won't bore you.
the patina on your truck is sweet. what I love about legit patina is how distinct it can be from vehicle to vehicle. definitely not boring.
Old 10-27-2023, 03:08 PM   #11
thenewminator

I suppose I could also share some media history of a 94 caprice lt1 wagon i had for a few years, that I sold back in late spring. In 2021 the hot rod power tour started in norwalk ohio. the fam and i drove up on the sunday before to check out the kick off show. unfortunately, due to my work schedule at the time i wasn't able to fully participate so i didn't bother to make plans to. the show was pretty cool. as we spent more time there i decided that i had to at least do one day. by the time we headed back home i had the wife talked into just that. so i registered to make the trip from norwalk to dayton, which was the next day,right after we got home. there are a few brief shots of the wagon in a few youtube videos, and one in particular shot by a local guy called goforrider that got a really good shot of us rolling into the fairgrounds in dayton. theres also this pic of the front of the wagon in the background of a newer gto posted on motor trend. that 2nd pic is of my gmc after we loaded up the wagon to pull it from our old house last year. as you can see from the 3rd pic i had the same wheels on it as the gmc, just different size tires. when i sold the car i kept the wheels and tires for the 62 c10 i have yet to work on.
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2023, 09:14 AM   #12
special-K
Special Order

I've never caught anything of mine at any events in other pictures or videos. I rode my friend's Harley with a paint job dedicated to the six lost from Friendsville, MD in the town's 250th birthday parade behind the color guard in 2015. I never could find any YouTube videos of it and I asked around town if anyone got any pictures. Nothing. It was a great honor to ride that bike for my friend (bad knee) but being in the parade means you don't get to see the parade. My mom was Grand Marshal, too

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 11:19 PM   #13
tim71

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhbZsGbqUSs

This youtube video was taken at 4WD Jamboree this year. The entire video has a lot of great trucks, but if you jump to the time of 7:41 in the video, my Blazer appears. Whoever edited the video made my Blazer change colors, goes thru a range of different colors.
tim71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 10:35 AM   #14
thenewminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I've never caught anything of mine at any events in other pictures or videos. I rode my friend's Harley with a paint job dedicated to the six lost from Friendsville, MD in the town's 250th birthday parade behind the color guard in 2015. I never could find any YouTube videos of it and I asked around town if anyone got any pictures. Nothing. It was a great honor to ride that bike for my friend (bad knee) but being in the parade means you don't get to see the parade. My mom was Grand Marshal, too
that parade sounds like it was quite important. hats off to you for having the honor of being in it. it does kinda suck that someone didnt video the whole thing.
Old 10-29-2023, 10:58 AM   #15
thenewminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim71 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhbZsGbqUSs

This youtube video was taken at 4WD Jamboree this year. The entire video has a lot of great trucks, but if you jump to the time of 7:41 in the video, my Blazer appears. Whoever edited the video made my Blazer change colors, goes thru a range of different colors.
just watched the video up to the shot of your blazer. very nice! something i haven't mentioned about my truck is that i'm the 2nd owner. the guy i bought it from mentioned that he's really into 67-72 blazers and was working on a couple at the time. unfortunately i didnt get the chance to see them. Anyway... looks like there were a lot of awesome trucks of all makes there. call me and old school snob that just isnt with the "times"...but it's nice to see lifted trucks with TIRES, not skate board wheels. thats a whole other thread though i think lol
Old 11-01-2023, 07:34 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

I watch these videos of events this woman shoots. She does events I go to, including Carlisle and Hershey selling parts. She has been on my isle right up to surrounding vendor spaces but I've never seen a shot of my set-up

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2024, 11:41 AM   #17
thenewminator

thought i might try to keep this thread going. here are a couple pics of my truck posted on fb taken at 2 recent events, the hoosier gm truck rally and c10 breakout (I'm next to this big a$$ lifted 71-72).
Attached Images