The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2024, 12:44 PM   #20
lks dcvn

Re: full front floor replacement

Ok - some good information here - thanks for sharing. I'll lay out what I would do in your scenario given you already have most of the patch panels purchased and have access to some of the areas normally more challenging to work with the torsion boxes on (rear of the a-pillar, underside of outer floor, etc.).

You are in a really good spot right now to repair the rust with the stuff you have and not invest more money and get back to driving/enjoying the truck sooner than later. Why am I saying this? If you intend (in the future) to do a more extensive restoration - leave the full floor (and maybe full body swap) for that time. Sounds like you want to fix the major stuff and drive the truck while you work up to the next phase of restoration.

Advice on what I would do from here:
  • don't cut out any more metal
  • gather as much insight as you can about how these trucks fit together and things to consider when you need to put them back together. I've lost track of the number of videos I've watched to see methods other people use to restore C10s and Blazers/Jimmys. I'll post up a few links below to get you started and a few of the content creators are on this site.
  • I approach the rust repair work from the inside out to fix the rust - front floor, floor support, kick panel, outer floor, torsion box, ending with the outer rocker and door alignment

Videos I have watched several times to learn how to fit panels, etc.
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote