The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Today, 11:34 AM   #7
1972CheyenneSuper

Re: 1969 Interior “Saddle” Spray Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970cstblazer View Post
SOME of LMC's product line are the worst available. Primarily their rubber products. Some of their parts are the same that everybody else sell. A couple of notable points regarding them are:

Kickass catalog, and easy ordering

Always fast shipping, and rarely backordered

Reasonable pricing on most of their stuff

USED to offer free shipping on large orders. I took advantage of this a few years ago, and saved hundreds in freight on large parts.
It's always hard to interpret speech over the internet, but I was slightly rhetorical in my previous post. I will agree with all of your points. I have learned the ins and outs of most of the big players. I will say throughout the process of restoring my trucks, that I have purchased over 10K through GMCPauls, +5k through LCM, +5k through Classic Parts, and more through many other vendors. It has been my experience that they all for the most part carry Counterpart for the majority of their offerings. I've received inferior parts from all of them regardless of brand and have had to purchase a couple different alternatives to find something suitable for my acceptance. That is just the nature of buying reproduction parts with a limited number of manufacturers. It takes a little homework sometimes to figure out where to buy something that requires a precise fitment, there is no perfect vendor. The alternative is buying NOS which works for some but not most.

My biggest takeaway I was trying to convey, was the demographic that will trash LMC and pretend that the rest of the parts market isn't selling the same thing. You know they have at least one of them catalogs laying around for reference diagrams too. I do think the owner cares about keeping the older stuff on the road, turning down many offers of selling out to larger corporations. Look at what Holley has done to a lot of the names they bought out. Brothers is soon to be a thing of the past, Detroit Speed is soon to be no more, etc. etc. Like them or not, LMC does have the most extensive catalog and if they go, it's going to be harder to track down some of those smaller pieces that no one else seems to have.

Back to the original topic at hand, the interior paint. The blue color I used is a custom mix labeled Long Motor 67-72 Blue. It just stuck out to me that someone at LMC is at least trying to be correct. Trying to create a product that benefits the truck community and I just think that should at least be acknowledged.

Last edited by 1972CheyenneSuper; Today at 11:48 AM.
1972CheyenneSuper is offline   Reply With Quote