The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-30-2004, 01:14 AM   #1
crustysarge

Anyone here near Waco, TX?

Is there anybody here near Waco that could look a 72 El Camino for me? Just want an opinion on the condition.
crustysarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 05:36 PM   #2
Mike Culpepper
Red

Ttt

"The sun don't shine on the same dog's ass all the time." - Catfish Hunter (commenting on why he was not able to pitch another perfect game).
Mike Culpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 10:04 PM   #3
gonebad2
Merciless Butcher

Sorry to change the subject....Just a thought when I read this. I used to have a friend in Waco. His name was Patrick Dennehy and he played for Baylor's basketball team. He was murdered by his "friend" just a little over a year ago. His Dad was an employee of mine at the time it happened. His family is still suffering considerably over this......Here's to ya Patrick
Old 08-31-2004, 10:49 PM   #4
9footfan
get up! stand up!

sarge ,waco is abot 101 miles from me but i believe i've seen a few board members from around waco. i'm leaving for a vacation this weekend unfortunately to san antonio which is in the wrong direction. keep posting and hopefully someone a little closer can help you out.
gonebad sorry to hear about your friend patrick. i know alot of people from texas followed that story from the begining. i hope his family is able to mourne their loss without extended suffering. i will let all those concerned know that i lived in waco for 2 years and it was the strangest years of my life. waco is unlike any other city-it is very strange and very strange things have happened in this town for over 100 years. most people i know refer to waco as "wacko". i mean no offense to those who might live their but this place is some kind of nexus of the universe where very dark forces seem to converge. i personally had two very close friends of mine die in waco while i was there under very strange circumstances. also ted bundy spent alot of time in waco and if i'm not mistaken he had multiple victims in this town. another serial killer was from waco also, i think david wayne was his name. that place has alot of negative energy and i get the creeps when i drive thru that place. i even think for 1 year in the 1990's waco was the murder capitol of the country.i do know that baylor university is considered the capitol of the bible belt so you have a very religious and conservative element that resides there but waco is FULL of crime. there is a huge extreme between socio-economic groups-alot of money on one side and virtually everyone else is poor except for the students. that is a city i will forever stay away from. sorry to hijack the thread somewhat but i mean it when i say that waco gives me the creeps-just seeing its name here on the board made my stomach turnover. sorry to rant but i feel a little better although that place is still only a hundred miles from me right now at this very moment. and no offense to those from waco-if thats possible after my response.
70 gmc 3500 canadian 9 foot "fenderside" pickup
06 silverado
71 vet enjoyed by my retired father

wtb-67 chevy 1 ton 9ft stepside-in perfect condition
9footfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 09:11 AM   #5
MrGoodpliers

If it's the one I saw on TV at the Branch Davidians compound, I think El Reno torched it.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:30 PM   #6
Orange70chevy

crustysarge I live near Waco if you still want to I could give it a look over for you.

9footfan Althought my location says waco I do not live in waco just near it. I have lived around here for all of my life (27 Years) and waco just gets a bad rap. I am not offended by your commits its just Waco has a bad reputation and I feel I need to set some things straight ted bundy has no connection to waco that I am aware of. There were the Lake Waco Murders I don't know of the man who commited them but it was not ted bundy. You did hit it right with what you said about baylor. That school runs the whole city. As far as Waco being full of crime I think that might be stretching it a little we do have crime but what city don't. And then those Branch Davidians Well what can I say about them
Orange70chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:24 PM   #7
MrGoodpliers

My comment is directed at Janet Reno, not Waco. That situation could have happened at Anytown, USA.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:29 AM   #8
crustysarge

Orange70chevy, thanks and you have a PM.
crustysarge is offline   Reply With Quote