The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2004, 03:51 PM   #30
Grim Reaper

Didn't do nothing on Saturday. Wife had made comment last week that we should do something so I made sure there was ABSOLUTLY nothing that I had planned. I skipped a 4x4 show I had planned on going to even. Told her its your day whatever you want to do. I just didn't want to sit on the computer all day was my only stipulation. SO we sat on our ass all day on the computer.

Sunday I met up with some folks that are on a Camper forum I am on. They inherited a pair of Airstream campers and didn't know what to do or what was needed to even move them. The one is a Caravel (17ft) and they can handle that with their Astro. The other is a 26ft Overlander that is way more then they need to put behind that van. Probably going to go move that for them with my 454 Suburban this coming weekend.

Now get this.....They live in a loft in Down town Atlanta. It is so totaly cool! When you pull up the outside it is a typical Brick warehouse type building. Not a window on the outside at all. Just doors.

They have automatic gate. Place is sitting on about 5 acre's and 3 is all lawn and about to be gardens and a large greenhouse. They have these HUGE oversized planter that are about 8 ft in diameter at the front. They park inside and the building is big enough that they have a turn around IN the building. The door in is big enough for a Semi. He tells me the building is 100x160 and their living area is one corner inside. 20 cars would easily fit in the remaining space. They are thinking about using the larger camper as a guest house for visitors. It will be parked in the building of course.

Gives me the knickle tour. At one end of the building is another bay door that they have a picnic table set up in that over looks the larger area of lawn. That will be where the green house attaches. Green house will be 40x40.

Has a sweet old 1959 BMW 69RS like the 61 69RS my dad had sitting there. So we hit it off right there. He and his wife are in their early 60's They have a bunch of rental properties. Kids are all out of the house with their own family so they dicided to have some fun and get a loft like he had always dreamed of. Guy looks a bit like Drew Carey, even has a flat top.

So he walks me to the other end of the building where another smaller bay door is and opens the door out onto the garden patio. The guy is very intereset in Asian culture so the patio is all done in Asian style with a steping stone garden area out to the hot tub. The garden is still IN the building but they have removed the roof so it's a walled Garden now. There are Bay doors to the yard next to the hot tub that they can open for a breeze.

Into the house. The guy loves Ebay so he's showing me some of his buys including his Elderodo and to get to the Door into the living area you have to pass between two Bronze Sphinks like statues that are about 4ft tall and 10ft long. They still haven' decided where they will go so they are sitting on dollys at the moment.

Into the Office. Ivan flooded them and they have the carpet up and the place is still recovering from that. Bill (the guy whos place it is) is a gaget freak. He has several high end Video cameras on the roof. They are at the end of a road and sometimes people will stop in front of his gate and make out or its hookers doing their thing. He shows me how high powered the camera is and zooms in on a single peice of Gravel at the gate that just about fills the 27 inch monitor. He can count teeth of somebody standing at the gate if they smile.

Into the living room. BIG open room with wood floor. Main room is probaby 25x35. Nice leather oversized sofa right in the middle. Dining area in a kicked out area of it's own on the back wall with the Kitchen area behind it. Big screen TV and get this. The peakers for the stereo are old PA speakers...BIG ones. The Cerwin Vega sub is about 3ft square and mains are about 6ft wide 30 inch wide cabinets and a total of 4 shacked on side. On top sit a Horn tweeter that is in its own 2x2ft 3inch deep box. So each speaker stack is 7ft tall 6ft wide. He got them from one of his tenets that he rents another warehouse to on a ajoining property. He said they have the weights marked on the cabinets and the total weight is 1500lb.

Bedroom has the bed smack dab in the middle of the room. 20x20 at least. It faces and vestibule area next to the garden area where I mentioned before and has a whole wall of french doors. He has his colection of swords stored in document cases along one wall. All Asian and hindu swords many over 400 years old. Very interesting stuff.

So though the still in progress work out room into the pantry room. Just a 10x15ft space where they store food items. The silverwear cabinet is one of the Staniless Steel tool cabinets that was selling at Costco for $600 a few months back.

Into the kitche area. He tell me his wife, Anne, made him a deal that there would never be any dirty dishes in the sink. Solution is two Dish washers! No cabinets to speak of. The Diswhashers serve as dish storage for the day to day stuff. Have meal put in dishwasher and wash. If you need another dish you get it out of the other diswasher. It's perfect!

Will be going back in the next couple weeks to help move that camper. I will bring my Camera and get some pictures.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote