The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #226
TwiggyTheDrummer
Keep It Simple Stupid.. Nope..

Re: My Truck

Exactly. Even us younguns have been getting laid off. I've gotta pull some sort of job out of my butt after graduation so I can get more parts.

1963 GMC SWB Fleetside in Sunburst Orange Metallic
305E V6 w/ Plaid VC, Powerglide, BOSS 313 20" Chrome Wheels, Kumho Ecsta STX 275/45/R20's, Alpine/Clarion System, Dynomax Exhaust

Old custom classic trucks have soul. Their dashboards aren't plastic, and they've survived both the best and worst of what the 20th century had to offer. For the owners of these trucks, it's often the same story. Through both good and bad times they persevered, until one day they could turn the key and roll up in a customized truck everyone with good taste would admire.Custom Classic Trucks
TwiggyTheDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:56 PM   #227
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

hey twig any progress
more progress than mine
i think you need to go to alan classics build thread to get motivated like i have to

Last edited by jgh64pkup; 05-26-2009 at 10:57 PM.
jgh64pkup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #228
Strodder
Daring to be Different

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgh64pkup View Post
hey twig any progress
more progress than mine
i think you need to go to alan classics build thread to get motivated like i have to
Me too.
KUSTOM RIDES
FACE BOOK PAGE:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/291198124258863/
1965 C-10 Short Bed 350/700r4
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2016 Honda Accord w/ 18" rims
2007 Honda Goldwing Trike w/ NAVI
2001 Yamaha Roadstar Indian look alike
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting "...WOW!...what an amazing ride!"
Live Life Passionately!!!

[/COLOR]

I AM WE TODD IT, I AM SOFA KING WE TODD IT
Strodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:49 PM   #229
TwiggyTheDrummer

Getting it ready for paint and making sure that every one of US Body's screwups is completely resolved as far as it's structure and appearance goes. I should have just stayed with my steel hood.

305E V6 w/ Plaid VC, Powerglide, BOSS 313 20" Chrome Wheels, Kumho Ecsta STX 275/45/R20's, Alpine/Clarion System, Dynomax Exhaust

Old custom classic trucks have soul. Their dashboards aren't plastic, and they've survived both the best and worst of what the 20th century had to offer. For the owners of these trucks, it's often the same story. Through both good and bad times they persevered, until one day they could turn the key and roll up in a customized truck everyone with good taste would admire.Custom Classic Trucks
Old 05-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #230
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

ill trade you
Old 05-27-2009, 10:34 PM   #231
TwiggyTheDrummer

No deal

Old 05-27-2009, 10:38 PM   #232
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #233
Mordachai
Fat Fendered Fleetside

Re: Got in touch with U.S. Body.

hey fellow FL guy, great looking project. From the block, all the way through. The paint is def gonna turn heads.

It's a shame about the hood issues. I had talked to the usbody a few times with questions about their parts. Was thinking of buying their front end. I talked to some local people about them and found a few people running their stuff, most people seemed to be happy with it, but nobody raved about them, and a few people downright talked trash.

I figured I should just go up there and check out the parts first hand. They told me they had stock of alot of parts, when I went there, they didn't have anything really except for the molds and a few random parts(car stuff mostly)
The stuff I saw didn't look like it was worth the coin, so I ended up making my own tilt front...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
That's such BS.... When you make a mold, you don't make it of of a POS, you make it off of a perfect part. The kind of money they charge that hood ought to be absolutely perfect. Sounds like they are just too lazy to make a good mold.....sorry for the rant.
you're absolutely right though, and even if you do start with a crappy part, you need to work your ass off to get it as close to perfect as you possibly can before you make your mold. I don't know why there's so much sub-par glass out there. Gives the whole industry a bad name. Maybe as a moldmaker I'm willing to make the plug as good as I can, so the mold will be as good as possible... heck I'm making these fender molds, and have so many hours block sanding the plug it's not even right. it's gotta be right, right?

Anyways, twiggy, great looking project, can't wait to see more.

radiused fiberglass fender project for 67-72
Mordachai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:17 AM   #234
TwiggyTheDrummer

Re: Got in touch with U.S. Body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordachai View Post
hey fellow FL guy, great looking project. From the block, all the way through. The paint is def gonna turn heads.

It's a shame about the hood issues. I had talked to the usbody a few times with questions about their parts. Was thinking of buying their front end. I talked to some local people about them and found a few people running their stuff, most people seemed to be happy with it, but nobody raved about them, and a few people downright talked trash.

I figured I should just go up there and check out the parts first hand. They told me they had stock of alot of parts, when I went there, they didn't have anything really except for the molds and a few random parts(car stuff mostly)
The stuff I saw didn't look like it was worth the coin, so I ended up making my own tilt front...

you're absolutely right though, and even if you do start with a crappy part, you need to work your ass off to get it as close to perfect as you possibly can before you make your mold. I don't know why there's so much sub-par glass out there. Gives the whole industry a bad name. Maybe as a moldmaker I'm willing to make the plug as good as I can, so the mold will be as good as possible... heck I'm making these fender molds, and have so many hours block sanding the plug it's not even right. it's gotta be right, right?

Anyways, twiggy, great looking project, can't wait to see more.

Thanks man. And atleast the bodywork is finally done.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:30 AM   #235
TwiggyTheDrummer

Hey guys, sorry it's been so long since I posted some updates. I've been dragging my behind so severely and with everything going on it was almost impossible to work on it. Graduated this past Saturday and just about slept for a entire 40 hours afterward. We did get the hood finished though, and have constantly checked to make sure that it's arrow straight, flat, and that all holes are completely filled and that no more pinholes will form. We had to apply resin to fill all the holes and then smoothed everything. Notice all of the different colored filler that we used to really show them all of their structural problems.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #236
BuiltByBrooks
Argon User

lookin Good!!
BuiltByBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #237
Mordachai
Fat Fendered Fleetside

Congrats on graduating!!!
Now you can get back to what's important!

I know how much blocking you had to do to that hood, and it's looking 'neat'. looking forward to some orange!

radiused fiberglass fender project for 67-72
Mordachai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #238
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid Fabrication View Post
lookin Good!!
Thanks buddy. Now send your suspension over and we'll be in business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordachai View Post
Congrats on graduating!!!
Now you can get back to what's important!

I know how much blocking you had to do to that hood, and it's looking 'neat'. looking forward to some orange!
Haha, yeah. I don't see many jobs opening up at the moment so that will probably be my main focus for atleast several weeks.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #239
BuiltByBrooks
Argon User

Don't think my brother would like that...Ha Ha
BuiltByBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #240
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid Fabrication View Post
Don't think my brother would like that...Ha Ha
I think he could learn to deal with it. It would just take time...

Old 06-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #241
MEANlowGREEN
Registered Asphalt Offender

Welcome aboard! Great looking truck too. You'll love that Alpine head unit. I put one in my '82 S10 and then had to have a second one for my '63 C10 just as soon as I could get my hands on one! They work awesome with the iPod.

1963 C10 Short Fleetside Bed Big Back Glass
1974 C10 Short Stepside Bed
1982 S10 Shortbed 350 EFI V8
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...hp?albumid=140
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/MEANlowGREEN
http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/MEANlowGREEN
http://www.myspace.com/jcsmeed
MEANlowGREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #242
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thanks man. And yeah, I've been tempted to replace the 2-year old JVC in my '94 Full-Size Blazer with one. That or a Alpine touchscreen DVD. But I had to have a sweet looking head in there that worked very well with an iPod.

Last edited by TwiggyTheDrummer; 06-07-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #243
MEANlowGREEN
Registered Asphalt Offender

They are the best thing I've seen & tried for the iPod and since there is no CD drive the price is still reasonable. (I love the color display) I may have to buy a third one for my '74 C10 before it's all said and done, just seems like a shame to put that nice of a head unit in my beater truck but then again, I drive it more than anything and the shaft mount JVC cassette player that came with it suks, so there's my dilemma... It's a tough one LOL!

1963 C10 Short Fleetside Bed Big Back Glass
1974 C10 Short Stepside Bed
1982 S10 Shortbed 350 EFI V8
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...hp?albumid=140
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/MEANlowGREEN
http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/MEANlowGREEN
http://www.myspace.com/jcsmeed

Last edited by MEANlowGREEN; 06-07-2009 at 12:02 PM.
MEANlowGREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #244
TwiggyTheDrummer

Yeah my JVC is made for iPod but it's a major headache to use unless you want to listen to a whole playlist, artist, or album and not switch to anything else. If you want to change it you're better off running the Aux input and putting it on the console. I can't wait to build my enclosures/console so that I can put it together and use all of it.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:58 PM   #245
TwiggyTheDrummer

Good news! Checked the hood today and there are no more airpockets to be found. We're going to try our best to clear a few cars out of the shop this coming Saturday and get the bed on it and the wood in.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:51 PM   #246
TwiggyTheDrummer

Hey guys! Just wanted to give you an update on what's coming up for it. A buddy of mine called me up yesterday to let me know that he has a 700-R4 sitting around that I'm going to go pick up tomorrow around lunch time. I think it needs a rebuild though so I'll probably add it to the stockpile and have it rebuilt for the next project that I grab up. But for something that is based towards the '63, we're planning on moving the '54 Merc and two of the Mustangs out of the shop so that we have room to work. Then once we make some room, get busy installing the bed wood/strips and putting the bed back on the truck. So pray that it works out because we need to get that stuff taken care of.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #247
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

cool i hope you get it finished
Old 06-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #248
TwiggyTheDrummer

That's still a long time coming.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:35 PM   #249
TwiggyTheDrummer

Went and picked up the 700-R4 that my buddy gave me today. I don't plan on using it on this '63 but I'm going to try and get a '01 Chevy 5.3 from my cousin to rebuild with some power add-on's for a later project. Maybe I'll get ahold of another 60-66 but in the Chevy version here sooner or later.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:44 PM   #250
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

you have to have a special adapter that spaces the flexplate to the rear of the car in order to bolt that 700r4 up to an LS engine (4.8, 5.3, 6.0, ls1, ls2, etc.)

Last edited by jgh64pkup; 06-19-2009 at 02:45 PM.
jgh64pkup is offline   Reply With Quote