The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #251
JRBECK64

Re: 67 Shortwide Resto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Very cool project. Looks like I'm a little late on the fun part of the build. couple of questions, where did you get your lower door patches? how did they fit? can you say how you liked them? thanks,
subscribing.
The door patches I got from Wes at Classic Heartbeat and it was a triplus I think. We definitly had to do some serious finessing to get it to fit. If I had it to do over again I think I would have found a beter door to replace it with but It isnt to bad and the doors shut most of the time anyway. I would say the fit was really poor. Wes told me they dont fit worth a darn and he was right but i needed to patch the bottom of the door. Thanks for the kind words on the project.

JRBECK64
JRBECK64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #252
JRBECK64

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoknbarrels View Post
Geez you sure did a nice clean job! awesome body work, great work on that cab and doors especially!
if I can do a job like that myself, I'll buy myself a trophy!
Thanks for the kind words. You are doing a great job on your. Looking forward to seeing more pictures....

JRBECK64
Old 03-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #253
JRBECK64

Got the Gas Filler Neck installed and the bed on today. We did a lot of tedious little stuff today as well, Installed the Speedo Cable, Installed the Ebrake, Hooked up the oil pressure line. Lots done and lots still to go. Hopefully we will get the seats in this weekend. Here are a few pictures of the forward progress...

JRBECK64

Old 03-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #254
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

do you have any photos of your gas cap open? I thought I seen a photo of it earlier, so i went back about 8 pages on your thread, but didn't see it..
how exactly does it work?
smoknbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #255
JRBECK64

Here is a picture with the Gas cap open. Its just a billet threaded gas cap into a Billet theaded Filler Neck. The whole thing is about 3 inches long from front to back. I bought it from CPP (Classic Performance Products).

JRBECK64

Old 03-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #256
JRBECK64

I forgot to post this picture, its one of my Son acting like he was setting on a seat in the truck giving a thumbs up but there is no seats in it yet. He sure has been a big help getting some of the major projects done on this truck. So this is a Shout Out to him. I guess I could say just about the whole Family has been involved in this truck. Im pretty lucky to have them...

JRBECK64

Old 03-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #257
67cheby
67cheby

Looking good!
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #258
JRBECK64

Put the front together today. It was kind of a job but it sure is starting to come together...

JRBECK64

Old 03-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #259
mcbassin
Still Learning

Your truck looks great! You are so close to driving this thing.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #260
VA72C10
VA72C10

Very nice! Looking great!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #261
JRBECK64

mcbassin & VA72C10

Thanks for the compliments. I think Im just about to the point where I need to get out the 1500, the 2000 and the 4000 grit and go to work Color Sanding and buffing this thing before I put to much more bling on the the truck. Those compounds make such a mess and its a lot easier to clean up with everything off of it. I think I am going to put the windows back in before I do that though. I cant wait to hear this thing fire for the first time.

JRBECK64
Old 03-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #262
JRBECK64

Ok, Got the seats in the radiator filled, the tranny filled the Drive shaft in, Glad i took the back tires off, Forgot I stole the brakes for another truck somewhere along the way. Im thinking its getting close to time for a steering wheel. Need to Hook up the exhaust still and then hook up the battery then its just about time to put power to this truck. I still need to hook up the Accelerator. Its almost time to fire this thing off. Oh yeah I hooked up the gas tank as well.. Here are a few pics of the truck.

This is my Grandson the new generation of Chevy Truck Lovers....

Old 03-05-2012, 12:04 AM   #263
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

sweet! the Grandson remembered to wear something that matches the truck!

do your seats move at all or are they fixed?
Old 03-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #264
JRBECK64

Quote:
sweet! the Grandson remembered to wear something that matches the truck!

do your seats move at all or are they fixed?
The Passenger seat is manual slide and tilt back but in a single cab thats not much and the Drivers seat is Full Power. The middle seat is fixed.

JRBECK64
Old 03-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #265
JRBECK64

Im probably in my least favorite part of the build right now. Im going to put the doors together and then im going to put my old windshield in, tape the back window in and start Color Sanding and buffing this thing out from front to back, top to bottom. Ive decided to put in a Rhino Liner because I have also decided I want to put a Tonneau Cover on the back. If Im going to be driving this thing I need it to be functional.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #266
mcbassin
Still Learning

Your truck is coming along nicely. Couple more questions for you. Are you using a vintage air setup? Was your truck originally an A/C truck? Is that a Vintage Air control? thanks
Old 03-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #267
JRBECK64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Your truck is coming along nicely. Couple more questions for you. Are you using a vintage air setup? Was your truck originally an A/C truck? Is that a Vintage Air control? thanks
Yes I am using Vintage Air, this is the first time I put one in and its like cramming 10lbs of crap in a 5lb Sack. The instructions are vague at best and they dont tell you about all the stuff you need to actually complete the system. Pulleys, Bracketry and other stuff. Now that its in I think I will like it but I can tell you I dont like the Switchology set up they have for their Controls. No this truck was not an original AC truck so I had to cut the holes in the dash for the vents. I think I am going to do some real in depth studying on the next AC System I put in my GTO. Not sure its going to be a Vintage Air System. This is just my Opinion but you need to talk to a lot of people who have used this system and get a lot more opinions than just mine.. Im hoping that when it comes to progaming the positions of the switch its as easy as they say its going to be.

JRBECK64
Old 03-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #268
JRBECK64

Well Ive had about a week setback in my Project. Our kids came into town and their 2002 Dodge Durango ran into a huge Hail Storm. My Son-in-Law and Daughter asked me if I could fix it!!!! I bought an aftermarket hood because the original was beat up so bad I didnt want to spend the time trying to fix it. We started this project two days ago and we shot the high build primer yesterday evening. We are going to shoot the Sealer tonight after a day of marathon High Build Sanding Today. Did I say we have to be done by Monday so they can return to Phoenix with it??? Im about to fall on my face, I was out in the shop at 3AM yesterday sanding and I think when I finish this post that is exactly where Im heading and its 3AM again. The things we do for our kids. I cant have my Grandkids riding around in a Ride that looks like it was beat to death with a ball pien hammer. Here are a few pics of the project.

JRBECK64

Old 03-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #269
mcbassin
Still Learning

Oh man, you gotta love hail. We have it hit here on a regular bases. I have had 2 cars totalled from hail. Looks like you have it under control on the Durango. Let's see some color on there
Old 03-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #270
Redneck72

Hey JR,
As usual love the progress on the project it is looking good.

1st- did you have the Grandson put a part on the truck so you can claim to have had three generations of family work on it?

2nd- the fuel filler neck is a it a nice smooth bend to the tank? The reason I ask is if the path for the fuel is turbulent and it splashes back on the pump nozzle it will cause the pump to keep shutting off. I had that problem in my Ford Ranger. I had to find creative angles in which to hold the nozzle to allow me to pump without it shutting off every 6 seconds.

Paul
Redneck72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #271
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

doesn't insurance cover hail damage at all down there? that blows. we get blasted here every few years also..
Old 03-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #272
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
doesn't insurance cover hail damage at all down there? that blows. we get blasted here every few years also..
It covers it here if you have comprehensive coverage. BTW, it's pretty common to have baseball to sofball size hail here. THIS is what the cars look like when you get a bad one. The pics from that article are from the same storm that trashed my cars.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:35 AM   #273
JRBECK64

Here are some pictures of the Durango right after we clear coated it. Tomorrow I am going to be color sanding and buffing it. When i get it done I will post a few more pictures of it. I have to say my hat is off to My Youngest Son Ian and my Son in law Steven, they really busted their humps to get this done, Yeah I did too but it would have never gotten done without their help. Here it is...

JRBECK64

Old 03-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #274
JRBECK64

Well its as done as Im going to get it... (The Durango) and you want to hear something funny in a twisted sort of way??? It started hailing as soon as the kids took it out for a drive just a little while ago. Luckily it was BB sized hail and not golf balls and base balls. Anyway its done and the look on the kids faces were all the payment I needed for this job. They were so excited about getting this thing out and taking it for a drive. Today I spent most of the morning and a little bit of the noon hour wet sanding and buffing this thing out. Anyway its back to the 67 and its getting close to starting for the first time. Here are a few pics of the Durango right after we pulled it out of the garage...

JRBECK64

Old 03-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #275
JRBECK64

Your not going to believe this, We got this thing painted and now its at the local mechanic because we lost oil pressure. We may have lost the bottom end of the engine as well. That is probably going to cost another $2500, hell this thing is going to be new by time it gets back to AZ....
JRBECK64