The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
77ChevySharkBite

Re: 77 Silverado Build thread

Yeah I got to admit once you get pulled over for 1 thing once it just happens more, I remember I had my tail lights blacked out on my DD and I got pulled over about 5-6 times all warnings and I had an illegal tint in the front, and well the last time I got pulled over I was sick I was going to get busted for my tail lights but thankfully I had my new tail lights in my car so they let me off the hook but he busted me for my tint.

I'm just glad he let you off man! Hope you get it inspected soon!!!!

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
THE "10" SILVERADO

Fab'd up an ebrake system this morning. Only went to the drivers wheel. Couldn't figure out where to mount the brackets so the frame bracket ended up on the bottom lip of the cab and went straight back to the "free floating" bracket that I ended up bolting to the frame. Hold the truck so I passed inspection!!

Funny thing though, I didn't use a grade 8 washer to "sandwich" part of the rear bracket and when they went to test it the washer bent and the whole thing fell on the ground. Tech guy came back and was like "uh anyone with the old chevy?" and I just started laughing when I saw it in the bay with the cables on the ground. Asked for 2, 1/2 wrenches and it was good to go in a couple of minutes.

Oh, and also did a burnout. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ap-EO8tRYyg&feature=plcp#
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE "10" SILVERADO View Post
Fab'd up an ebrake system this morning. Only went to the drivers wheel. Couldn't figure out where to mount the brackets so the frame bracket ended up on the bottom lip of the cab and went straight back to the "free floating" bracket that I ended up bolting to the frame. Hold the truck so I passed inspection!!

Funny thing though, I didn't use a grade 8 washer to "sandwich" part of the rear bracket and when they went to test it the washer bent and the whole thing fell on the ground. Tech guy came back and was like "uh anyone with the old chevy?" and I just started laughing when I saw it in the bay with the cables on the ground. Asked for 2, 1/2 wrenches and it was good to go in a couple of minutes.

Oh, and also did a burnout. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ap-EO8tRYyg&feature=plcp#
Haha oh the joys of that I'm sure you did it with pride too huh? Lol

Nice burnout I like it!! I love how your dad just let the tire smoke come at him then he starts coughing one day soon I'll be going to see my family were going to have to meet up man! I want to see the truck oh by the way I'm digging that cam!! It sounds siiiick!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
Big Rat

Quote:
I passed inspection!!
Finally, NO MORE TICKETS!!!

'69 C20 - Grandpa's 'ol truck
'70 Nova - Birthday present from the wife. She's a KEEPER!
'79 C10 - High school hot rod, BUILD THREAD
Big Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #5
THE "10" SILVERADO

Not much of an update. Now that it's running I haven't been doing much. Between senior trip, graduation, work, and just having fun the truck just kinda got put on the side burner.

I've got kickpanels and door panels for it I have yet to install, I have to fix the windows first. They love to pop out of the channel if you roll them past half way. I'll probably by some flooring in August if I take the truck to college. Still don't know if I'll bring it or just put it in storage.

Oh, and with less than 2k miles on the motor I already blew a header gasket Gotta love headers. Replaced the burnt out one with a thick copper one. Hopefully no more problems like that.
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Not much of an update. Now that it's running I haven't been doing much. Between senior trip, graduation, work, and just having fun the truck just kinda got put on the side burner.

I've got kickpanels and door panels for it I have yet to install, I have to fix the windows first. They love to pop out of the channel if you roll them past half way. I'll probably by some flooring in August if I take the truck to college. Still don't know if I'll bring it or just put it in storage.

Oh, and with less than 2k miles on the motor I already blew a header gasket Gotta love headers. Replaced the burnt out one with a thick copper one. Hopefully no more problems like that.
Where you working man?

Have you graduated yet?

Sounds like you got some work to do ahh nice!!! gotta love that hopefully I don't blow mine anytime soon but yet again the way i drive my truck i wouldn't be surprised if I do.

Oh it's not set in stone yet, but I might be going to good guys in October, so if I do go we're going to have to meet up man so I can see that mean truck of yours!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Where you working man?

Have you graduated yet?

Sounds like you got some work to do ahh nice!!! gotta love that hopefully I don't blow mine anytime soon but yet again the way i drive my truck i wouldn't be surprised if I do.

Oh it's not set in stone yet, but I might be going to good guys in October, so if I do go we're going to have to meet up man so I can see that mean truck of yours!
Working for my parents (well mainly step-dad) doing whatever he can think up around the house/barn/shop etc. So far I've fixed fence, painted, and worked on his F-350.

Graduated two friday's ago. Was gone to Disneyworld the week before that for senior trip. Man Florida is awesome compared to Texas!!! Already wishing I could go back.

Dude, that'd be awesome if you make it to Goodguys!!! I'll be at college but UTA is only like 30-40 minutes from Texas Motor Speedway so I'm definitely going to be there. Always tons of cool stuff out there at the swap meet along with the cars.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Working for my parents (well mainly step-dad) doing whatever he can think up around the house/barn/shop etc. So far I've fixed fence, painted, and worked on his F-350.

Graduated two friday's ago. Was gone to Disneyworld the week before that for senior trip. Man Florida is awesome compared to Texas!!! Already wishing I could go back.

Dude, that'd be awesome if you make it to Goodguys!!! I'll be at college but UTA is only like 30-40 minutes from Texas Motor Speedway so I'm definitely going to be there. Always tons of cool stuff out there at the swap meet along with the cars.
Nice nice, keeping you busy is always a good thing

Congrats man! You made a big accomplishment, you should be proud of yourself man! Enjoy life but get college over with ASAP.

Yeah I'll let you know closer to the time but the plan is to go up there.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Nice nice, keeping you busy is always a good thing

Congrats man! You made a big accomplishment, you should be proud of yourself man! Enjoy life but get college over with ASAP.

Yeah I'll let you know closer to the time but the plan is to go up there.
Haha yeah, really looking forward to it.

Get your truck running and bring it up there when you come!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #10
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Michael, what kind of flooring are you looking for? I have a decent driver quality grey carpet in the attic if it will help you out.
Jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #11
THE "10" SILVERADO

Well took the truck on it's first solo freeway trip. Been before but had people around me in case of breakdown. Provided seating for my gang down at the new drive-in near downtown Ft. Worth. Glad I put the truck to use!

Oh, also got kick panels installed but since the vent is now covered my legs burn with the heat because there is no longer circulation down there.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #12
lilpoindexter

Damn...it looks like you're having lots of fun with your truck.
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:44 AM   #13
77ChevySharkBite

Nice bro!!!! Glad it got it doing some work, looks like your friends are enjoying the truck! You get any good looks while at the drive in?
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #14
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Nice bro!!!! Glad it got it doing some work, looks like your friends are enjoying the truck! You get any good looks while at the drive in?
Posted via Mobile Device
Didn't notice any. Oh but there was this badass camaro there. That is until he decided to leave halfway through the movie...damn thing was way to loud.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #15
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Didn't notice any. Oh but there was this badass camaro there. That is until he decided to leave halfway through the movie...damn thing was way to loud.
the only bad thing about movie places is the cars that go, if I wouldn't have ever put an exhaust on my car I could of definitely kept my running during the movie it was that quiet.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #16
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
the only bad thing about movie places is the cars that go, if I wouldn't have ever put an exhaust on my car I could of definitely kept my running during the movie it was that quiet.
Yeah, glad we didn't have to go otherwise people would have been mad at me as well! We didn't leave till the second movie was over at like 1:45 am.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #17
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Yeah, glad we didn't have to go otherwise people would have been mad at me as well! We didn't leave till the second movie was over at like 1:45 am.
true that. I wont ever be able to take my truck to the drive in movies that will piss everyone off plus some! Oh well it's old its supposed to be loud! Great logic right?

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #18
jkeeney

Very nice....truck looks good too...
Old 07-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #19
THE "10" SILVERADO

Not much done lately. Went on a 90 mile hike in New Mexico for two weeks and then went to Nevada for a week so I haven't been around. Came back and decided to go for a freeway cruise. Pulled into a gas station after about 20 miles for gas and found my rad shooting steam and boiling antifreeze. I think the cap failed.

Went ahead and picked up a 4 core 454 radiator just for extra security (it's much bigger than the plastic/aluminum rad I have now...and it's copper). Also spent all day today fixing my temp gauge since it wasn't working. Found a break in the wire behind the engine but it works now.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #20
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Not much done lately. Went on a 90 mile hike in New Mexico for two weeks and then went to Nevada for a week so I haven't been around. Came back and decided to go for a freeway cruise. Pulled into a gas station after about 20 miles for gas and found my rad shooting steam and boiling antifreeze. I think the cap failed.

Went ahead and picked up a 4 core 454 radiator just for extra security (it's much bigger than the plastic/aluminum rad I have now...and it's copper). Also spent all day today fixing my temp gauge since it wasn't working. Found a break in the wire behind the engine but it works now.
How was the hike and the trip?

Was the 454 radiator a direct swap or did it require some mods?

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 07-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #21
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
How was the hike and the trip?

Was the 454 radiator a direct swap or did it require some mods?
Both were pretty great. I was in the mountains both places and the views were amazing.

Haven't finished installing the radiator. The one in my truck now (stock SBC rad) is 17" tall. The 454 radiator is 19" tall but is the same length. I went on LMC and found a 454 radiator top bracket. It mounts flush with the top of the core support instead of mounting on the side like the SBC brackets. I'll keep y'all updated when I get it installed hopefully later this week (depending on when my bracket gets in).

I should have like a 2 core now (the plastic/aluminum one is 1/3 as thick as the 4 core) so hopefully the new radiator will cool much much better.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #22
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Both were pretty great. I was in the mountains both places and the views were amazing.

Haven't finished installing the radiator. The one in my truck now (stock SBC rad) is 17" tall. The 454 radiator is 19" tall but is the same length. I went on LMC and found a 454 radiator top bracket. It mounts flush with the top of the core support instead of mounting on the side like the SBC brackets. I'll keep y'all updated when I get it installed hopefully later this week (depending on when my bracket gets in).

I should have like a 2 core now (the plastic/aluminum one is 1/3 as thick as the 4 core) so hopefully the new radiator will cool much much better.
Sweet glad you enjoyed it man!

Awesome, I was looking at getting a new radiator of course a better one but don't want to really pay the price tag they want so if it works, I'm going to go that route!

Awesome glad to here it man!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 09-28-2013, 12:32 AM   #23
THE "10" SILVERADO

Nothing done to the truck. Got my door panels in a while back but college is kicking my @ss. No time to work on the truck and since it's a gas guzzler I had to leave it at home 45 minutes away...haven't even worked on it in almost two months

Did pick up this eco-vehicle to ferry me around. 2003 Ranger XLT
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #24
Big Rat

Pretty clean little Franger. Perfect for hauling good ol Chevy parts. Just make sure that you always drive close to a sidewalk! HA HA!

'69 C20 - Grandpa's 'ol truck
'70 Nova - Birthday present from the wife. She's a KEEPER!
'79 C10 - High school hot rod, BUILD THREAD
Big Rat is offline   Reply With Quote