The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
59stepside

1959 Chevy Truck

Hello all.

I have been reading these forum posts off and on for the last couple years I decided to finally sign up! I have a 1959 chevy longbed step side big back window truck. It was originally my dad's growing up and ended up being the everything truck. Go in the mountains and get firewood, grocery store, hardware store, etc... It got pretty beat up.

Through highschool I ended up doing a lot of body work, paint, and dropped a new GM crate engine in. It actually looked pretty good. After highschool I moved away and worked in the auto repair field for a couple years, started a business doing custom paint, body, mechanic, and complete restorations. I then joined the United States Coast Guard where I serve as aircrew on board C-130 aircraft and also aircraft electrical technician. Meanwhile the truck has been sitting in a field for the last 8 years!

My dad has passed away and I enherited the truck so I had it shipped down to me. I plan on getting it on the road again as a daily driver. I now have a family with two kids 3 year old boy and almost 2 year old girl. I want them to have memories of working on the truck through the years so I can continue to create a bond and pass the truck down as it was to me. Still need a build name.. Any suggestions? I will post up some pics of where I'm at with the project soon.

Sorry for the long post I just wanted to get a good starting point on here!

Beau
59stepside is offline   Reply With Quote