Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

lolife99's Avatar

Location: Mid-MO
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickup pickup View Post
Ok, as you may or may not know, the main offices are here in Chandler\Gilbert. Today I talked to the main sales rep, not an outside rep but at the main offices. He told me that " these wheels and retooling them are in descussion and he was in a meeting with the heads where they were discussed" but as of yet they have not finalized the offset or the bore size or the cap. I have given him my # and told him I had already bought a set and was in for two more sets asap. He told me he would call me as soon as they were ready and we discussed a possible pre-fit too. I will let you know as soon as I get a call. I wouldnt hold my breath untill well after the first of the year.
Thanks for some good info.
Even back in July when I first started looking at these wheels,... I was constantly being told that "they will fit" by different wheel salesmen.
Then when I explained all the problems,... they would generally say,...
"Well, I sold a set and I never heard back from them with any problems".

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
Like I've said before,... there are still wheels in warehouses, that are of the old design.
Buyers beware,...
__________________
Keith

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline
Old 12-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
69gmcshorty
Registered User

69gmcshorty's Avatar

Location: Eugene, Oregon
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

so i got a response back from my vendor contact and he said they are boxed and ready to ship out. he is expecting them in the next two weeks to show up. he claimed that the b.s. will stay the same only the hub bore was made larger to accomodate the hub size for the c-10's. with that he said the grease cap "should fit under the cap". he was un aware of any depth changes of the mounting pad. there seems to be a dozen different responses to the problem that people have contacted A.E about they are fixed they arent fixed everything changed nothing has changed. hopefully someone gets them soon and posts the outcome. I will soon have a set sent to me for a fitment check and if they have any problems i was told to ship them right back.... so crossing fingers here
__________________
1969 gmc swb 5/7ish drop, 350/th400, 20x8.5 F.20x10" R
69gmcshorty is offline
Old 12-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
Hickup pickup
Registered User

Hickup pickup's Avatar

Location: Gilbert , Az
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

I give up!
__________________
2-20, 2-21 whatever it takes!
Hickup pickup is offline
Old 12-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
HarrolLS1
Registered User

HarrolLS1's Avatar

Location: Saint Simons Island,Georgia
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

After this thread has gotten over 25,000 views I decided to write them to see if I could get any info and make them aware of this discussion:

From: Boss Motor Sports <bossmotorsports@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: www.bossmotorsports.com Contact Request
Date: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 9:20 PM

Thank you for your concern and for bringing this blog to my attention. I am of the understanding that blogs as this have brought the subject of the 338 and the Chevy trucks up, along with the issues that come along with the part for this fitment. By the way. insane on the trucks .. love it and keep that American muscle on the road.

There is an issue with the front spindle on the Chevy trucks and we are aware of it. Truck lovers as yourself brought this to our attention and we are addressing it. UP SIDE, the new part will be available the first of the year,if not a bit sooner. This part does not have a different offset but a wider cap detail and taller cap that allows the part to fit over the spindle and grease cap. problem solved we truly hope. DOWN SIDE, the 3 prong knock off will no longer fit the wheel. big deal for Chevy truck lovers? I don't know ? the part will also have a bit larger cap. We at American Eagle always try our best to keep a part, as well liked as the 338, as close to the original design if or when modifications are needed. FYI our 22 inch 338 will be released in 22x8.5 and 22x9.5 close to march and we will make sure the parts fit these vehicles.
Hope this helps and thank you for taking the time to allow us to get involved.
Ps. you have to love a part that looks like this and is priced like this and best of all made in the United States Of America. check to see where the other wheels that were mentions are made , you may be surprised!!! We will keep building wheels for you as long as you keep giving us the input to do it right.
Take Care , Ernie Boehm AEWC
__________________
Harrol

1968 SWB
1968 SWB 4x4
1969 Suburban
1970 LWB
1970 Blazer
2002 Tahoe
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened
HarrolLS1 is offline
Old 12-11-2009, 03:15 PM   #5
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

brossow's Avatar

Location: Mankato, MN
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Thanks for that, Harrol! Shocking idea, actually asking the manufacturer directly.

On a related note, their so-called "down side" is a huge up side, IMHO.
__________________
Brent

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)

Last edited by brossow; 12-11-2009 at 03:16 PM.
brossow is offline
Old 12-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
fast 95
Registered User

fast 95's Avatar

Location: Williamstown WV
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
Thanks for that, Harrol! Shocking idea, actually asking the manufacturer directly.

On a related note, their so-called "down side" is a huge up side, IMHO.
X2, when i first saw these i wanted them with the spinner, but after seeing the on a truck, i'm glad i diden't spend the $70 to get them!
fast 95 is offline
Old 12-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #7
r1lorenzini
Registered User

Location: california
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

All I can say is hell yeah 22's BAAAAAAAABBBBBYYYYYY lol I am going to just have to wait oh NO!!!!!
r1lorenzini is offline
Old 12-11-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
rob32472
Registered User

Location: dallas ga
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Imagine that.... spoke to a live person at same factory got a different story. I dont think they know..... It wouldnt surprise me if jan turned to feb and feb to march on release
rob32472 is offline
Old 12-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #9
Beatcoaster
69 Fleetside

Beatcoaster's Avatar

Location: Lake Stevens, WA
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Hmmm 22's eh? I wonder how those would work with a 3/5 drop...wonder if it would rub with a 40 series tire while turning...
Beatcoaster is offline
Old 12-15-2009, 02:16 AM   #10
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

lolife99's Avatar

Location: Mid-MO
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Yep.
Requires 1" rotor, and compatible caliper, and spindle.
If you are installing these on any truck other than a 73-87 (73-91 'burb),... you will need to swap ball joints and tie rod ends as well.
__________________

Old 12-15-2009, 02:17 AM   #11
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

brossow's Avatar

Location: Mankato, MN
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Yep.
Requires 1" rotor, and compatible caliper, and spindle.
If you are installing these on any truck other than a 73-87 (73-91 'burb),... you will need to swap ball joints and tie rod ends as well.
But other than that, it's a piece of cake.

(Seriously, just wait a few weeks for the corrected wheels to come to market.)
__________________

Old 12-15-2009, 02:30 AM   #12
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

lolife99's Avatar

Location: Mid-MO
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
But other than that, it's a piece of cake.

(Seriously, just wait a few weeks for the corrected wheels to come to market.)
I know what you are saying.
I am rebuilding the entire front suspension on my '86 anyway,... so I just have to use the correct 1" rotor parts.

Now if the wheels end up on my '69,... I will be swapping out a ton of good parts just to bolt them up.

Ha,... and 5 months of "waiting just a few more weeks".
__________________
Keith

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823

Last edited by lolife99; 12-15-2009 at 02:32 AM.
lolife99 is offline
Old 12-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #13
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

brossow's Avatar

Location: Mankato, MN
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
I know what you are saying.
I am rebuilding the entire front suspension on my '86 anyway,... so I just have to use the correct 1" rotor parts.

Now if the wheels end up on my '69,... I will be swapping out a ton of good parts just to bolt them up.

Ha,... and 5 months of "waiting just a few more weeks".
I don't get why you'd downgrade your braking to accommodate a poorly designed wheel. But that's just me.
__________________

Old 12-15-2009, 11:57 PM   #14
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

lolife99's Avatar

Location: Mid-MO
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
I don't get why you'd downgrade your braking to accommodate a poorly designed wheel. But that's just me.
Rotor is only .250" thinner.
Diameter of the rotor is the same.
Caliper will function the same.

The real reason,... all four 20's for $700.
__________________
Keith

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823

Last edited by lolife99; 12-15-2009 at 11:58 PM.
lolife99 is offline
Old 12-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #15
sixty8c10
MY EX DRIVES A BROOM

sixty8c10's Avatar

Location: Herington, KS
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

where'd you order from, is a group an option?
__________________
They say nobody's perfect.
I'm a nobody, so I must be perfect.

Building Nemo -1968 C10 Long Bed

FRED -1947 KB-2 International
sixty8c10 is offline
Old 12-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #16
Hickup pickup
Registered User

Hickup pickup's Avatar

Location: Gilbert , Az
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

PT Barnum once said " there's a SUCKER born every minuite!.
__________________
2-20, 2-21 whatever it takes!
Hickup pickup is offline
Old 12-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #17
nlped
Senior Member

nlped's Avatar

Location: Hayden, Al.
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

No, the people who have actually been in contact with the production part of the company has stated the same thing. THEY WILL BE READY SHORTLY AFTER THE FIRST OF THE YEAR! The people who seem to claim to have talked to someone, but are "receiving" the new wheels are the ones who are clueless.

Slow down...

They will be available shortly!!! I have a confirmation of this from the OWNER of AEW, and the SE sales manager. I can't offer any better confirmation...Chill!!!
__________________
Carter

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha
nlped is offline
Old 12-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #18
fast 95
Registered User

fast 95's Avatar

Location: Williamstown WV
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

I've already got mine, doesnt matter to me either way, i was just stating my opinion.
fast 95 is offline
Old 12-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #19
joe231
Registered User

joe231's Avatar

Location: Palmer, Alaska
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

__________________
CHEVY ONLY
joe231 is offline
Old 12-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #20
joe231
Registered User

joe231's Avatar

Location: Palmer, Alaska
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

you know what they say about opinions..........
__________________
CHEVY ONLY
joe231 is offline
Old 12-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #21
rob32472
Registered User

Location: dallas ga
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

I ordered them after speaking to the aew sales rep for my area. Well I guess I will find out soon enough who is rt either way at least we all will know first hand if they fit...... to date there is not a group buy option as I am not gettin in the middle of a group buy not knowing if these fit first hand...... will know soon enough...... the wheels are gonna be an easy return if they dont fit as aew will pay the shipping that is how sure the rep was that these will fit.... so i am sure we will see soon enough
rob32472 is offline
Old 12-17-2009, 09:55 PM   #22
Hickup pickup
Registered User

Hickup pickup's Avatar

Location: Gilbert , Az
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

peanut butter was invented long before the 338 boss wheel and the orange clashes with left side of Juneau but the wisper still carries on with the daffodils in the winter after the second tuesday of last week past the starting line. That being said the answer is still 4 says Rodney Dangerfield and he is right, he is right.
And now no one should be confused on the fitment of Jello.
__________________
2-20, 2-21 whatever it takes!
Hickup pickup is offline
Old 12-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #23
rob32472
Registered User

Location: dallas ga
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Some Folks know how to make chicken sh*t look like chicken salad and the only way to know if its chicken salad is taste it...... so I am gonna do just that..... And will know if I have chicken salad or chicken sh*t. All this back and forth on these wheels and waiting and calling and back and forth I could already know if what was being said is true or if by some slim chance they fit my truck..... I like the wheels so it is a chance I will take.... "A smart man listens and waits, a stupid man doesn't listen, but the wise man finds out for himself " That is a quote from the wisest man I have ever known....... My Dad..... So as I said I will know soon enough

Last edited by rob32472; 12-17-2009 at 10:14 PM.
rob32472 is offline
Old 12-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #24
Hickup pickup
Registered User

Hickup pickup's Avatar

Location: Gilbert , Az
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

you should get out more.
__________________
2-20, 2-21 whatever it takes!
Hickup pickup is offline
Old 12-17-2009, 10:47 PM   #25
joe231
Registered User

joe231's Avatar

Location: Palmer, Alaska
Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickup pickup View Post
you should get out more.
Who, me???
CHEVY ONLY
joe231 is offline