The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
mrhino
Account Suspended

Re: Silver Dollar

I did it. it on again. I hope you dont mind Zoomin but i used your edeit version. and changed it up some. got rid of some of the personal stuff but kept some of it. I think its a nice mixture of the two. Brossow I think I answered all your questions. litew8 I used your photo here is a link

check it out. tell me if it sucks. oh and how long it takes the pictures to load.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...t_24544wt_1164

once again thanks for all your help everybody.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
gearheads78

I think you are making to much of the listing. You need 60-80 pictures of every nook and cranny inside and out and under. Chances are better someone across the country will bid just let the pitures do the talking and give a basic simple yet descriptive write up.

my .02

EDIT: I see you just relisted it. The new add looks fine to me but I would add 2 to 3 times more pics. Even if you don't list them in the auction create a photobucket account and link to them.

I also just noticed you don't have any stereo or A/C both are easy deal breakers to someone that have the cash to buy a turn key truck like this.

Last edited by gearheads78; 09-14-2011 at 08:47 PM.
gearheads78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:22 AM   #3
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhino View Post
Zoomin you mention you have bought several vehicles online what was your impression.
I'm a very analytical type - all of the people that I have bought cars from never listed all the items that >>> I <<< care about, so I contact them via email or phone to get more info. I also get a feel from them if I can trust what they are telling me.

But pictures do not lie. If they show a picture of the trunk and it has carpet, I ask for another pic with the carpet folded back. Some people don't oblige and that's that. The ones that do only help their cause.

You listed your contact info and that's a huge plus. Since your asking price is in the high range for these trucks, the more you show the workmanship that's in it the more likely you are to get your price.
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:11 AM   #4
mcbassin
Still Learning

Your auction and pics look great! All you need is the right buyer to come along.

I know how much time and work you have in this ride. There is no way I could stand to sell my ride when I get it done. It's understandable though when it's that nice it makes it hard to enjoy without thinking some jack is going to door ding it or key or whatever......I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
Good luck with the sale.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:29 AM   #5
litew8

Wow! 13 bids and over 21 thousand! Nice run
Old 10-07-2011, 12:10 AM   #6
mcbassin
Still Learning

Congratulations on the sale I hope you got what you needed out of it. Okay, so what's next? Time for another project.......... be sure to attach a link here
Old 10-07-2011, 03:23 AM   #7
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Congrats on the sale of your truck!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #8
mrhino
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheads78 View Post
Great news. What was the source you sold it from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coop34 View Post
Did you get close to asking price? It was a beauty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Congratulations on the sale I hope you got what you needed out of it. Okay, so what's next? Time for another project.......... be sure to attach a link here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Congrats on the sale of your truck!
Thanks guy's I did sell it through ebay sorta. I went back through all the emails and text messages for all three auctions I ran (I saved them all) found about 10-12 that i thought were serious buyers and for whatever reason just couldn't make a deal and I offered the truck at reduced price. I had about half of those people get back with me wanting to make the deal, but it was too late. I had already sold it, to the first/second caller. I am happy with deal and although the new owner hasn't taken possession yet. I am hopeful he will be happy as well.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #9
72gmcshorty

Did you make any money after all said and done? (not including your labor time/cost)
Old 10-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #10
dontbethatguy

I'm the happy new owner of mrhino's '70 truck! The truck finally arrived this past Thursday, and you truly can't appreciate the hard work that went into the truck until you see it in person. The truck is better than I hoped, and Mike is a stand-up individual! I wired money to him sight unseen, and he kept the truck for a month after it was paid for while we waited for a transport to pick it up. The truck looks and drives great, and the truck is very well built!

Over the next 4-6 weeks, the truck will get a Classic Auto Air system, complete stereo system, tinted windows, and a leather split 40/20/40 bench seat with a fold-down arm rest and cupholder. The stereo will be wired and installed by the same guy that is doing the complete stereo and interior on my '69 Camaro. I can trust that it will be tastefully installed and have a clean look once it is in.

Thanks for a great truck Mike! You and your family did an excellent job. She will be well taken care of!

Trevor
Posted via Mobile Device
dontbethatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #11
67cheby
67cheby

cant wait to see the upcoming plans, keep us updated with pics !
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
mcbassin
Still Learning

Welcome to the board Trevor! Congratulations on the purchase. I hope you will continue this thread with updated pictures.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #13
wild4wheels

Quote:
Welcome to the board Trevor! Congratulations on the purchase. I hope you will continue this thread with updated pictures.
X2! Welcome from AZ.

Current truck
"Ida Mae" 71 K5 Blazer

Former Trucks
"Loretta" 71 Longbed (AZ)
"Tanya" 69 Stepside (AZ)
"Ferdinand" 71 Longhorn (SD)
"Patches" 67 Panel (IA/ KY)
"Rosita" 68 C30 (KY)

Instagram @Wildforwheels @k5_klub @c10university

Profile pic provided by Jeff Sundance
wild4wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #14
dontbethatguy

I will definitely keep the thread updated with pics and info! The truck is being setup as a daily driver because it will be a daily driver in dry weather! I will eventually end up swapping the intake and valve covers for a cleaner look, along with a coil relocation so the new covers can be seen. It's really great (and cheaper) to take someone's creation and expand on it to make it your own! I have been building my '69 Camaro for over two years now, and as everyone knows, they will nickel and dime you to death!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-29-2016, 06:41 AM   #15
SKT

Quote:

Just found this thread - wow, great job building this beautiful truck!

Very well executed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbethatguy View Post

I will definitely keep the thread updated with pics and info!

The truck is being setup as a daily driver because it will be a daily driver in dry weather!

Any updates Trevor?

Noticed you haven't logged on here in a long time.

SKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #16
VA72C10
VA72C10

Congrats on the purchase. Looking forward to the continuation of the build and maybe some pics of your wagon and camaro?
Old 10-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #17
gearheads78

So how long before you before you put one of your 418s in it. Its a tax wright off for advertising right??
gearheads78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #18
dontbethatguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheads78 View Post
So how long before you before you put one of your 418s in it. Its a tax wright off for advertising right??
Well, not really since I own the truck personally. With that said, I'm sure it will end up with a stroker of some sort by spring time. I nearly started building a motor for it last week, but I don't want to completely disassemble the truck. I'm going to mod it a little at a time to minimize the down time and not end up with another non-running project!

As for the Camaro and wagon, I'll see what I can do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-31-2011, 11:54 AM   #19
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Congrats on the purchase - very smart buy!
Posted via Mobile Device
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:53 PM   #20
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Congrats on the sale Mr.Hino! And congrats to dontbethatguy! You have a great truck, and it sounds like you'll take it to the next level!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:14 PM   #21
mrhino
Account Suspended

thanks everyone, for all the support during the build. I had such a great time building this truck. I think having everyone follow along and share in my laughter and frustration made it even better. I would especially like to thank Trevor, for all the kind words he said. it really does mean a lot to me that you like the truck and it was better than expected. I'm sure you will do her right.
Definitively keep us up to date on the progress. There are a lot of people that follow this thread. I get PM's all the time. After all there aren't to many threads that show a build start to finish including the selling processes and than have the new owner take over. Very cool! Im very proud to be apart of it. and whats even better is; Ill get to see it transform right here with the rest of you.

Thanks Again everyone!
Old 10-31-2011, 10:04 PM   #22
dontbethatguy

Quote:
thanks everyone, for all the support during the build. I had such a great time building this truck. I think having everyone follow along and share in my laughter and frustration made it even better. I would especially like to thank Trevor, for all the kind words he said. it really does mean a lot to me that you like the truck and it was better than expected. I'm sure you will do her right.
Definitively keep us up to date on the progress. There are a lot of people that follow this thread. I get PM's all the time. After all there aren't to many threads that show a build start to finish including the selling processes and than have the new owner take over. Very cool! Im very proud to be apart of it. and whats even better is; Ill get to see it transform right here with the rest of you.

Thanks Again everyone!
You're exactly right Mike! People love seeing how you did things. It gives others ideas, but it's also really cool to see a truck transform through all of the pictures! The best part is you did it yourself, and that really is what people love the most. It also makes it great to buy a truck from someone that had so much pride in what he did. You didn't cut corners on the build! I get so many thumbs up, pointing, comments, etc. from so many people!

She'll be getting a pair of Magnaflow mufflers tomorrow to eliminate the drone that she has with the Flowmasters. Tinted windows happen on Friday, and the a/c install begins on Monday!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-31-2011, 10:16 PM   #23
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:

Thanks Again everyone!
Thanks Mike for letting us follow along! Now, what is up in your garage? surely you have something planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbethatguy View Post
She'll be getting a pair of Magnaflow mufflers tomorrow to eliminate the drone that she has with the Flowmasters. Tinted windows happen on Friday, and the a/c install begins on Monday!
Posted via Mobile Device
Trevor,
Be sure to get lot's of pictures. That keeps us interested
Old 11-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #24
mrhino
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thanks Mike for letting us follow along! Now, what is up in your garage? surely you have something planned

yep I do have something planned, I guess im feeling ambitiousness cause i have two projects. . back in May we bought my wife a truck. now its time to do some work to it. I Have started a build thread for it. the wife will be involved in a lot more of the process. It should be fun to say the least. and the other one is my 86 daily driver. its just flat wore out. she dosen't want to start anymore and doesn't want to shut off either. she keeps on running well after I'v turned her off, and have gone into the house. she is getting a few new extra holes and doest want to stop except for the left rear it locks up every time. she has just lost the lust for life. Ill see if i can bring her back. but first there is a few things that need be done to the wifes project first.

so everyone that follows this thread and enjoyed it, should come along for the ride with this new build. here is the link:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...78#post5003178
Old 01-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #25
owner 84

wooooooooooooooow

it looks crazy!

well done dude

and Check out my flicker @

http://www.flickr.com/photos/0060/
owner 84 is offline   Reply With Quote