The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #376
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

Re: My Truck

i cant wait to see it too
my favorite color
i think mine is a different shade then yours though
Old 06-16-2010, 10:17 PM   #377
TwiggyTheDrummer
Keep It Simple Stupid.. Nope..

Mine is Sunburst Orange Metallic. I know that I have said that it was Sunset Orange Metallic but it's definitely Sunburst.

1963 GMC SWB Fleetside in Sunburst Orange Metallic
305E V6 w/ Plaid VC, Powerglide, BOSS 313 20" Chrome Wheels, Kumho Ecsta STX 275/45/R20's, Alpine/Clarion System, Dynomax Exhaust

Old custom classic trucks have soul. Their dashboards aren't plastic, and they've survived both the best and worst of what the 20th century had to offer. For the owners of these trucks, it's often the same story. Through both good and bad times they persevered, until one day they could turn the key and roll up in a customized truck everyone with good taste would admire.Custom Classic Trucks
TwiggyTheDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #378
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

yeah so is mine
mine doesnt have any pearl though
Old 06-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #379
TwiggyTheDrummer

The main thing that sold me on it was the pearl. I like that it highlights the body lines especially in the sun.

305E V6 w/ Plaid VC, Powerglide, BOSS 313 20" Chrome Wheels, Kumho Ecsta STX 275/45/R20's, Alpine/Clarion System, Dynomax Exhaust

Old custom classic trucks have soul. Their dashboards aren't plastic, and they've survived both the best and worst of what the 20th century had to offer. For the owners of these trucks, it's often the same story. Through both good and bad times they persevered, until one day they could turn the key and roll up in a customized truck everyone with good taste would admire.Custom Classic Trucks

Last edited by TwiggyTheDrummer; 06-16-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #380
TwiggyTheDrummer

Painted Truck!

Finally got to the shop today and got to see the truck. It looks beautiful and so does the hood with the exception of a few minor dings. Unfortunately the dings stand out way too much.

But overall it's beautiful. So here you guys go, you'll see it as I saw it along with all of the other parts that are sitting here in my spare bedroom until the shop is finished. Unfortunately there was no sun to pull the truck out into today and the flash doesn't come close to doing it justice. The clear makes the color look miles deep and it reminds me why I chose that color. Enjoy guys!

Last edited by TwiggyTheDrummer; 06-18-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #381
TwiggyTheDrummer

Here are some pics of the truck once it was trailered into the lot at American Auto Body and also some from the final preparations before it received some beautiful coats of paint.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:12 PM   #382
TwiggyTheDrummer

And here are pics of it back at my buddies shop the next morning after it was painted and baked.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:09 AM   #383
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

wow i love it
i cant wait to paint mine
Old 06-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #384
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thanks man. It looks damn good in person. Now Keen's just needs to get out here and get the concrete poured and the shop put up and then we'll be in business.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #385
TwiggyTheDrummer

Looks like the concrete will be poured tomorrow or Tuesday and they are going to give it 10 days to cure before putting the shop up. Once their work is done I'll be moving all the tools and everything in and getting the truck back to the house and inside the shop. As soon as it's in I'll get back to work on the wiring and hopefully get it cranked back up here and running soon so I can drive it in and out of the shop instead of pushing the big old thing.

There's so much left to do that we were holding off on until paint was finished. Still have to do interior, stereo, finish exhaust, install missing body parts and components, finish fuel system, wiring, rolling stock and cleaning and painting of steering and brake drums. Hopefully things will pick up now that it's painted and money/time allowing, I can get alot done on it on my days off since it will be right out my house's side door.

Last edited by TwiggyTheDrummer; 06-20-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #386
Rich1028

looks real good!!
keep up with the pics.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:47 PM   #387
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thanks Rich!

Old 06-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #388
creep
Registered Loser

Man, I am so jealous right now! Your plaids really look good with that color. I still wish I could squeeze my 305 back into mine. If your going to use an air cleaner with an exposed filter, try to find a Fram Air Hog. They have an orange oil in them that looks really good with those valve covers. I found some on ebay that were dirt cheap.

'63 GMC lwb, 383, th350, lays frame, genuine patina.
The Build Thread - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=374267
'88 Astro cargo bagged, shaved, phantom grille. *SOLD*
'50 Chevy 2 door sedan awaiting attention.
2014 Silverado Ext cab, 5.3, daily driver.
creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #389
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

i wanna see it with the wheels

Last edited by jgh64pkup; 06-20-2010 at 09:57 PM.
jgh64pkup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:53 PM   #390
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
i wanna see it with the wheels
Man, you don't know how badly I'm looking forward to that. I might go ahead and have the studs switched out before rolling it into the shop. That would save me from having to air the damn tire up every time and having possible wheel marks in my shop floor.

Last edited by TwiggyTheDrummer; 06-20-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #391
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creep View Post
Man, I am so jealous right now! Your plaids really look good with that color. I still wish I could squeeze my 305 back into mine. If your going to use an air cleaner with an exposed filter, try to find a Fram Air Hog. They have an orange oil in them that looks really good with those valve covers. I found some on ebay that were dirt cheap.
Haha. I must admit that I chose the color partially because of how well it went with the valve covers, but mostly because it looks damn good on these trucks. And I will be using an exposed filter and after looking up the Air Hog, I don't think I will use anything else on there.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #392
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

go for it i bet theyll look great
Old 06-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #393
TwiggyTheDrummer

I'm sure they will. I just can't actually put them on until it has new, longer studs. There's not much bolt peeking through to give you enough peace of mind. I'm ready to see how much the weight of the truck comes down on them and where it places the fenders.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #394
TwiggyTheDrummer

Concrete will be poured on Wednesday and the shop should be put up within the next two weeks. And then I can get back to doing some work on the old girl.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #395
REDNOSE65

Looking good!!! Dig the color.

LOS HITTERS C.C
DALLAS, TEXAS

The making of a Red Nose...
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=396518
REDNOSE65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #396
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDNOSE65 View Post
Looking good!!! Dig the color.
Thanks man! That color has been a big hit so far.

Last edited by TwiggyTheDrummer; 06-23-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #397
Dinos63
chevy only

Very nice !!!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #398
Hoser's Girl
Chevy Chica

Damn! nice work! I am jealous!!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #399
REDNOSE65

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiggyTheDrummer View Post
Thanks man! That color has been a big hit so far.

Yeah, mines similar but not quite...Mines Copper Durango.
(Burnt Orange to me)

LOS HITTERS C.C
DALLAS, TEXAS

The making of a Red Nose...
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=396518
REDNOSE65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:58 AM   #400
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos63 View Post
Very nice !!!
Thanks Dino! Coming from you, that definitely means alot. You've got many trucks much nicer than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser's Girl View Post
Damn! nice work! I am jealous!!!!
Thank you ma'am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDNOSE65 View Post

Yeah, mines similar but not quite...Mines Copper Durango.
(Burnt Orange to me)
I actually looked at Copperhead Pearl at first and loved it but it was much more expensive and SOM appealed to me a little more for some reason. They all look great on these trucks though.