The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-04-2014, 02:53 AM   #4001
superflysteiny

Re: Tootsie build for my mother with cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chvy2NV View Post
Hey Eric. Where are those black ac crimps available? Sorry for the hijack. Tootsie is simply amazing.. Keep it up!!!
restomodair.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgriffin View Post
I really like the panels. The only suggestion I would make (from a guy with 0 builds under his belt mind you... would be to do a bead around the u-shaped portion to make it resemble the dimple dies. Obviously you have a bead roller from the awesome detail you did on the panel, I think it would finish that section around the strut a little better if you did something to it. It does appear to be a little tight on real estate there though, but maybe it's just the angle?
The opening is bead rolled
Either way.... I'm digging it!
It is bead rolled
superflysteiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #4002
Chvy2NV

Thanks bro !!
Chvy2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:23 PM   #4003
superflysteiny

no problem
Old 03-05-2014, 10:29 PM   #4004
superflysteiny

no problem
Old 03-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #4005
superflysteiny

Getting ready to paint

Old 03-08-2014, 06:23 PM   #4006
K20chevy

Looks amazing Eric. Glad to see the first set of wheels back on it. Canīt wait to see the interior painted!

68 Chevy K20 Panel truck, build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...41#post7263441
K20chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #4007
superflysteiny

Thank you
Old 03-08-2014, 07:00 PM   #4008
screaminchevypickup
Laid Back

Looking good!

Direct dealers for..

Vintage Air, Porterbuilt, Billet Specialties,Budnik wheels ,eddie motorsports, raceline wheels, intro wheels, Dakota Digital, precision, unisteer, Trimparts, and many many more... Laid Back Recreations.. Full restoration shop and full paint and body..

Kyle

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=574629
screaminchevypickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:49 PM   #4009
RRC

Looking good....can't wait to see the new interior!!

Instagram: http://instagram.com/rockylakekustoms

Rocky Lake Kustoms

Russ
RRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:05 PM   #4010
Rusbuilt

Sweet!
Rusbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:13 PM   #4011
superflysteiny

It's really starting to come around and we are really happy with the truck. I was offered 150000 on Tootsie yesterday. I am considering selling it to the guy but I am battling it. My mom cancer is back and because of what this truck means to me I really don't want to sell it. I told him no but I am not sure it's the right thing to do. He told me to take it out show it get it featured not to drive it then call him and sell it to him. This guy has the money because he paid me cash on my chevelle. So I no he is serious. So I thought I would ask to. Guys what you think I should do. Thank you in advance. As far as my mom. She refuses anymore treatment because the chemo almost killed her last time. So all we have is time which makes me want to keep the truck. I don't no what to do.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #4012
72 tigger

That's a really tough call whether to keep it or sell it. If keeping it helps you get through this rough time, then the money is not a factor. I'll be praying for you and your family. Sorry you have to go thru this. Your craftsmanship and talents on Tootsie are outstanding
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:51 PM   #4013
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysteiny View Post
It's really starting to come around and we are really happy with the truck. I was offered 150000 on Tootsie yesterday. I am considering selling it to the guy but I am battling it. My mom cancer is back and because of what this truck means to me I really don't want to sell it. I told him no but I am not sure it's the right thing to do. He told me to take it out show it get it featured not to drive it then call him and sell it to him. This guy has the money because he paid me cash on my chevelle. So I no he is serious. So I thought I would ask to. Guys what you think I should do. Thank you in advance. As far as my mom. She refuses anymore treatment because the chemo almost killed her last time. So all we have is time which makes me want to keep the truck. I don't no what to do.
That's tough Eric. I'm not sure what I would do in your position. That's a lot of dough, but I assume money isn't the issue, or you would just sell it. Have you asked your Mom what she thinks? What is this guy going to do with it? If leave it in the garage is the answer, I think I would say no. If he plans on driving it, at least you know the truck would be seen and enjoyed. Sorry I'm not much of a help, but I do know where you are coming from.... Talk it over with the Fam, I'm sure they will help you make the right decision. Take care,

Rob
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:58 PM   #4014
1stchevy

I would keep the truck because of what it means to you, unless the money is needed. Also praying for your mom and your family.
1stchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:07 PM   #4015
superflysteiny

Thanks guys I think I will ask her what I should do. I really don't care about the money or I would have sold it. It's just that there are so many people that worked so hard on this truck. I want to show it so people can appreciate it. I just feel like I want to be the one to get it out there for people to enjoy. It would be a ton of money for one of these trucks. Everytimr I look at the truck I grin from ear to ear.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #4016
litew8

Prayers for your mother and family.

I'd sell it. Did I read that right? $150,000? Will you still grin from ear to ear looking at it after you mother passes? Sorry if that is blunt, but it is what it is. Is there something your mother could contribute personally to the truck? That'd be something sentimental to where if it were mine, would help make the decision easier - to not sell. Even something simple, like her signature on the door with a sharpie. Everyone handles losing someone close differently, I understand. I lost my mother suddenly last year and it's easy for me to be sad even when remember/seeing things that remind me of her. Over time it may not be that way, but the short term has be hard.

Last edited by litew8; 03-08-2014 at 11:38 PM.
litew8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:29 PM   #4017
Rochlow

Keep it! It's a great representation of your moms struggles. Having a friend that just went through treatment I know how much it means to them when you dedicate something like this to them.

I think if anything was to happen to her (god forbid) the truck will mean even more to you and your family. It will put a bigger smile on your face when the accolades in truck world represent her.

Hope this helps and my thoughts are with you and your family
Old 03-08-2014, 11:32 PM   #4018
Rochlow

Double post.. My bad
Old 03-09-2014, 12:04 AM   #4019
superflysteiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by litew8 View Post
Prayers for your mother and family.

I'd sell it. Did I read that right? $150,000? Will you still grin from ear to ear looking at it after you mother passes? Sorry if that is blunt, but it is what it is. Is there something your mother could contribute personally to the truck? That'd be something sentimental to where if it were mine, would help make the decision easier - to not sell. Even something simple, like her signature on the door with a sharpie. Everyone handles losing someone close differently, I understand. I lost my mother suddenly last year and it's easy for me to be sad even when remember/seeing things that remind me of her. Over time it may not be that way, but the short term has be hard.
Money does not drive me. So selling the truck and having the cash won't make me smile. I don't mean this in a rude way but my mom truely loves this truck. She has cried several times looking at it and discussing it with me. If I sold it I donate a lot of the money to research.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:05 AM   #4020
superflysteiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochlow View Post
Keep it! It's a great representation of your moms struggles. Having a friend that just went through treatment I know how much it means to them when you dedicate something like this to them.

I think if anything was to happen to her (god forbid) the truck will mean even more to you and your family. It will put a bigger smile on your face when the accolades in truck world represent her.

Hope this helps and my thoughts are with you and your family
I agree with you and this is why I said no to the offer
Old 03-09-2014, 12:07 AM   #4021
litew8

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysteiny View Post
Money does not drive me. So selling the truck and having the cash won't make me smile. I don't mean this in a rude way but my mom truely loves this truck. She has cried several times looking at it and discussing it with me. If I sold it I may donate 20000 to research.
Sounds like you've answered your own question then. On the other hand, you could sell it and build two more tribute trucks with even more passion. Never implied money would make you smile, just that you should think this one through - emotions have a way of clouding judgement.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:14 AM   #4022
superflysteiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by litew8 View Post
Sounds like you've answered your own question then. On the other hand, you could sell it and build two more tribute trucks with even more passion. Never implied money would make you smile, just that you should think this one through - emotions have a way of clouding judgement.
This is true bro
Old 03-09-2014, 12:19 AM   #4023
litew8

People tell me, losing your mother is the hardest. From this thread, I've notice how dedicated, proud and intellegent of person you are. That right there is what your mother is so proud of - raising you right.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:21 AM   #4024
CC69Rat

First man I'll be praying for you and your family. Just love her all you can buddy.. that's all you can do.

Keep the truck. I have never met you but you feel like a brother to me. I can just sense your attachment to this truck. .. and Mom crying when she sees it.

This is more than just a truck. Hang on to it man. It will mean even more to you in the future.

For the $150k I'd tell him you can build him one similar to it.. but the meaning behind this truck can't be purchased. No way I'd sell it.

Praying for you bud.
Chad

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:25 AM   #4025
Bennett68C10

Keep it Eric. The only way you should ever sell that truck is if you absolutely need the money. You built this truck in honor of your mother and to support her struggles with battling cancer. For what that truck means to you and your family it deserves to be shown to the world by you, not somebody that didn't have a hand in building it.

Tootsie is one of my favorite trucks on this board and it's not just because of all the ridiculous parts she sports. She is one of my favorites because of what she stands for and because you built it in honor of your mother. My mother recently beat breast cancer but is now being tested for uterus cancer so I know the struggles your family is going through. In the end you have to do what you feel is right but I definitely think you should keep her.

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote